Notices
964 Forum 1989-1994
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C4 owners, how do you protect your PDAS/ABS control unit from getting damp?

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2005, 10:20 AM
Millemiglia
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question C4 owners, how do you protect your PDAS/ABS control unit from getting damp?

I think I have read here on the list that someone (was it Adrian?) recommende having some sort of protection for the PDAS/ABS control unit made?

I think a damp PDAS/ABS control unit may have caused my PDAS/ABS problems which I described here:

https://rennlist.com/forums/964-forum/239100-problems-with-the-high-pressure-hydraulic-system.html

I unplugged the PDAS/ABS unit last night and sprayed the contacts with a product called Electronic Cleaner and after it had dried I sprayed it with a product called Contact Protect, both from CRC, and let it dry overnight.

Hopefully that will prevent the problems I've had with blowing fuse #15 but I would like to know if any of you have come up with a solution to prevent the PDAS/ABS control unit from getting damp?
Old 11-23-2005, 12:42 PM
garrett376
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 624 Likes on 479 Posts

Best solution I can think of is to be sure you have all the hood seals in good shape, and your floor drain plugs are all present and not plugged
Old 11-23-2005, 02:40 PM
mark lintott
Rennlist Member

Received 30 Likes on 23 Posts
Default DAMP CONTROL

Hi Millemiglia,
Recently I had a lot of problems with idling/hesitation/non start and eventually this was traced to slight corrosion on the connectors to the ignition system/DME etc. Everything was cleaned and all connections checked which solved the problem. At the same time I was advised to get some dessicate cannisters to leave in the front trunk and car interior to control the humidity.

I live in a place with extreme humidity in summer but similar to you I suspect in winter (?) Anyway got some industrial size cannisters and the reduction in humidity, especially inside the car is very noticable. You might want to think about the same solution - low cost and renewable indefinately.

Got mine from here:

http://www.drierite.com

Cheers
Old 11-24-2005, 05:30 AM
Millemiglia
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Talking

Originally Posted by mark lintott
Hi Millemiglia,
Recently I had a lot of problems with idling/hesitation/non start and eventually this was traced to slight corrosion on the connectors to the ignition system/DME etc. Everything was cleaned and all connections checked which solved the problem. At the same time I was advised to get some dessicate cannisters to leave in the front trunk and car interior to control the humidity.

I live in a place with extreme humidity in summer but similar to you I suspect in winter (?) Anyway got some industrial size cannisters and the reduction in humidity, especially inside the car is very noticable. You might want to think about the same solution - low cost and renewable indefinately.

Got mine from here:

http://www.drierite.com

Cheers
Hi Mark, and thanks for the reply!
The climate in Sweden right now is very humid, probably similar to what you're experiencing in summer.
I've been using a Swedish product, that is calcium-chloride based and absorbs moisture, for the cabin.
I think I'll throw one in the trunk to aswell!

Quick Reply: C4 owners, how do you protect your PDAS/ABS control unit from getting damp?