Notices
964 Forum 1989-1994
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Excuse me, all criticisms accepted,. I've ordered a "Turbo Ram-Air"..

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2005, 02:20 AM
MARC A. 964 C4

Default Excuse me, all criticisms accepted,. I've ordered a "Turbo Ram-Air"..

Marc Shaw, criticisms accepted, my enthusiasm is better kept to myself and directed to my own Porsche 911/964. At all times I posted my thoughts on the questions and, simply added passion to the answers. I always wrote and clarified my remarks by stating no harm was meant and that at all times, if offended, to please excuse me. I added humour, maybe black but, always from the heart advice. Never did I directly question the integrity, single out or make an example of someone’s remarks or beliefs on any subject posted. To date I’ve had the immense pleasure of exchanging ideas, communicating and thoroughly enjoying my first Porsche Forum. I sincerely meant what I wrote, when asking why, or how come. I was actively involved with Porsche in the USA before I left in 1974, to come to the Mediterranean Sea and other Oceans, where my other passion sailing, afforded me fresh ocean air and, a profession. I am very surprised to have woken up this morning, coffee in hand, to read your warning. But I accept your role as mediator, I appreciate your efforts and I can only imagine that there must be times, when you would rather be working on your 911/964 instead.

However, I am floored by the irony of this whole story. An adult man in England, showing an injured cat, spitting and fighting, with the capital letters "W T F" pasted over it, being offended by my questions and answers on Porsche modifications, and my advice given to other members.

Yes, Marc Shaw, I’m now retired with a busted back, looking at the number sixty, only just two years away, and in spite of my travels I still don’t understand certain people. If you have had the pleasure of sailing you understand the words, "Single up", I only wish I could be doing it now, I’m sorry, but this episode against me, directly blows me away.....But Marc, I thank you for being a gentleman and treating me a such, never lose that quality, and never over modify your Porsche 911/964, remain eccentric in these two attributes, oops, sorry it’s stronger than me,....All the best and I meant every word!....
Marc Agnew
Mougins, France

PS. If allowed, I would like to post this, "Excuse me", to other members, and not only to you. As a Man, please allow me to express my feelings,....Marc A.

Last edited by MARC A. 964 C4; 11-23-2005 at 03:05 AM.
Old 11-23-2005, 09:42 AM
Christer
Race Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi Marc

I would just say that it is important to keep things in perspective when participating on an internet forum. I am surprised that when I jokingly remind you that not everyone has the same opinion on here you are then 'blown away', 'floored' and other descriptions of how hurt you are by my comment/avatar and so on. I am not sure which warning you are referring to but to be honest I don't think that was warranted (from whoever that was).

Just remember, I am just some 'guy in London' who you don't know with a crap avatar.....so I really don't think it should matter to you what I think....My recommendation is to regain your perspective and stay on Rennlist. Your enthusiasm and views are as valued and important as anyone else's.
Old 11-23-2005, 10:11 AM
Marc Shaw
Super Duper Moderator
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Hmmm...I have requested permission from Marc to post the pm I had sent him to clarify and let people know exactly what he was responding too. I have not heard back yet to see if I can publish that pm (the post from him above is a pm he sent me and posted with my permission).

For the moment, all I can say is that I did not issue a "warning" nor a "reprimand" (a term he used in another thread) but merely offered advice similar to what others had posted here.

Marc
Old 11-23-2005, 10:34 AM
Marc Shaw
Super Duper Moderator
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Below is a copy of the pm I had sent Marc (posted with his permission):

Originally Posted by Marc Shaw
Marc - everyone's opinion is valued here and your enthusiasm is welcome.

With all due respect however, we are all Porsche enthusiasts - that is why we gather here (I mean, who else would understand why I needed to buy that US$225 adjustable accelerator pedal ). We all buy our cars as we love the marquee, the curves, the performance, the sound, etc. But we buy them to do with as we please and I think that some people here resent having every comment made about a potential modification questioned.

Often we can learn a great deal from the opinions and experiences of others, even if we do not agree with what they are saying. Please accept this in the spirit in which it is offered - I mean no offence.

Now - according to my watch, it is about 8:45 pm where you live so enjoy a drink in good health 'cause I have to go back to work.

Marc
Hopefully we can all put this behind us now and move on - p-cars are much more enjoyable to discuss!

Marc
p.s. So Marc - when do you take deliver of the "Turbo Ram-Air"?
Old 11-23-2005, 10:39 AM
Christer
Race Car

I am floored by Marc's use of the word 'warning' to describe your PM..... ()
Old 11-23-2005, 11:05 AM
puma1824
Pro

Yeah let's move on...check out my RR job
Old 11-23-2005, 05:53 PM
N51
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

"But we buy them to do with as we please..."

Okay, this looks like an ideal time to inquire about adding nitrous to my 964.

Noah
Old 11-23-2005, 06:44 PM
hjcarlin72
Instructor

Nice site. Enjoyed the Pics. You are doing a great job!
Old 11-24-2005, 05:38 AM
Millemiglia
Racer

All of this may come down to the various skills in expressing ourselves in English.
Although most of the Rennlisteners have English as their native tongue alot of us don't and I have found that sometimes the words that I write in good intention is interpreted in a completely opposite way by someone from the U.S. or the UK.
So a good thing would be, if in doubt, ask what the writer meant before jumping the gun.
Rennlist is a really nice place on the world wide waste and as they say: "it takes all kind to make a society"...

Edit: Boy, do I feel stupid...
Only now did I discover that Marc A is american.....
I guess speaking/writing English wasn't the issue here...
Old 11-24-2005, 09:29 AM
hawk911
Race Car

I guess a safe bet is to suggest an idea, rather than point out how stupid you think someone's idea is. I'm not saying that's what you;ve done, but anything written is flat; no emotion can be read from facial expressions, voice inflextion, etc. More problems in work situations and forums are created by not seeing the other person. We join forums to gain knowledge from other's experiences, good or bad. We learn to value certain peoples' opinions over others based on how accurate or how well people express themselves to others.

I may not have agreed with responses I've received here, but at least we have "here" to seek the truth. Stick around; there's lots more fun to be had here than any other boards I've seen for us Porsche owners.
Old 11-24-2005, 10:17 AM
MARC A. 964 C4

Thanks hawk 911, well put, and I appreciate yours words, since day one I respect you, and I'm looking forward to hawk 911 1/2 come June, and those are words from the heart !!! All the best to your wife and childern,....and your Porsche 911/964! Thanks man..........Marc
Old 11-24-2005, 10:22 AM
hawk911
Race Car

you know, I was on a motorcycle forum last year, and when I crashed the forum sent huge support my way. They sent cards and even some cash my way to help keep my spirits up when I needed it most. These places are great, but that same forum is struggling to keep their peeps in line right now. People go thru cycles, and I think it depends on how much free-time they have to stir up trouble. If we're driving, we're not posting. If we're posting, we can get "out-of-hand" quickly. The moderators here, as well as the peeps, seems to do a pretty good job of keeping control. the off-topic boards really help; that forum doesn't have an OT board.

Thanks for the respect, and it's mutual.
Old 11-25-2005, 07:55 AM
zicoramone
Aficionado
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

...well, I know that I'm not the kind of guy that posts on this board every day. But, in the last four years or so, i I read all the stuff around here. Saying that I think Christer is a great person and one of the best contributors on the forums. I pay a lot of attention to what he says.

Marc A.: I always knew that you would shake things a bit. You have an outstanding and unique passion and this board need people like you. I will be reading all of your stories, that I absolutly adore. You are a great achievement to Rennlist.com
By the way, why don't you share with us the «tale of the Alpina» ?

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/449399
Old 11-25-2005, 12:10 PM
Kahdmus
Addict
Rennlist Member

Am I on the 993 board...
Old 11-25-2005, 12:28 PM
Wikkid911
Remarkable
Rennlist Member

We should have a poll and see who thinks Christer is great!

Quick Reply: Excuse me, all criticisms accepted,. I've ordered a "Turbo Ram-Air"..