Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Which AP Racing or Brembo Brakes fit?

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2005, 03:29 AM
pzull
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which AP Racing or Brembo Brakes fit?

Does anyone have the model number of AP Racing brakes or Brembo brakes that would fit the 964 C4?

I'm looking at alternatives to big reds turbo brakes. Any downside to using the aforementioned 2 systems instead of porsche's own turbo brakes (which I believe is made by brembo)

Thanks
Old 11-20-2005, 12:25 PM
garrett376
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 599 Likes on 461 Posts

Why do you want an alternative to the Big's? Just curious.
Old 11-20-2005, 02:01 PM
Cupcar
Race Car

Received 99 Likes on 67 Posts

I think the main downside is expense of AP or Alcon calipers...or even the pure Racing Brembo systems. The cost of the calipers these that I have seen with Ti pistons etc. have been $1000's.

You are correct that Brembo made the Turbo brake caliper. It is very similar to the caliper used in the 964 3.8 RSR by Porsche and is quite durable for general competition use.

Wrightwood Racing makes an adaptor which mates a 330 X 32 mm Alcon or AP Lockeed rotor to the 964 chassis. This is a full floating disc installation I believe and discs are available plain, sloted or drilled. I am not sure whether this disc uses the S4 or Big Red pad. I am sure that someone on this forum will know the details.

The main advantage I see here is the use of a full floating disc which is 8mm larger in diameter and I am told the installation is slightly lighter than the one-piece Porsche disc.

Quick Reply: Which AP Racing or Brembo Brakes fit?