Vote for the winner of my 964 Photo Competition

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2005, 04:03 PM
Kahdmus
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MARC A. 964 C4
Having entered twenty plus photographs, including a short story that I wrote called, "A Postcard From The Planet Mars", I was sincerely hoping that the winners and those that made great efforts would have been by now compensated by the final results, that were initially intended for December 05, 2005. BTW, as you never acknowledged my short story, did you post it for your members to read ?. The package was based on the original theme of a Porsche 964 on Planet Mars, and the photographs were to provide the Martian Red colour, required for the text. As stated in my email, sent to you, my efforts were made to offer them another form of Porsche Passion,. If not posted, please, where is it?. Is it somewhere else on your, "John’s 964 Web" ?. Please answer. I did however come across your, new business venture announcement posted at, rennlist.com, I sincerely hope it works for you..
Marc Agnew.

Marc, understand that John runs the photo competition each year for the entertainment of his fellow enthusiasts. It's a great little competition and provides a lot of fun for all those involved. There is a LOT of work involved in bringing all this together and John does not do this for any type of material gain whatsoever. Your indignant post is offensive IMO.

Secondly. why would anyone enter a short story into a photo competition? This makes no sense to me whatsoever!

Lastly, what are you trying to imply about John's announcement? It reads as if you are implying he should be either spending the time hosting your short stories and attending to the photo comp or that he maybe has an alternatate, financial motive?

I will now climb down.......
Old 12-10-2005, 04:16 PM
hawk911
Race Car

ouch, glad you got down where you did. I think, but do not know for sure, that Marc might have had a bit of sarcasm in his post. It does help if you chose to add wit to a post, rather than just straight writing, which is then very subject to interpretation, that you use the emoticons, as Howard just did. they can help convey when you are kidding, or downright serious.

Also, let's remember Marc A. is still new, and forums take a while to get used to.
Old 12-10-2005, 04:16 PM
MARC A. 964 C4

John, thanks for answering. Very soon after my multi-photograph download, my son Christopher and I, sent the other half of this photo/short story package to your email address via AOL. It was the adjoining story to this tale of, Martian Porsche Passion. Out of date now, AOL has erased my sent emails of last month. I controlled, not to question you but rather that of my own actions and perhaps those of AOL. Be that as it may, there’s no harm done. I’ll try again next year should there be another competition but next time I’ll send a good old fashioned letter with a stamp on it. John, one detail that I recall when I wrote was that, at next year's Le Mans, I’d have the opportunity to say, "Bon Jour et allez Porsche", with you and your mates... But until then, I wish you and the Miles Family, Happy Holidays.. And thanks for your dedication to the, 964!..
Marc Agnew,
Mougins, France.
Old 12-10-2005, 04:39 PM
Kahdmus
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by hawk911
ouch, glad you got down where you did. I think, but do not know for sure, that Marc might have had a bit of sarcasm in his post. It does help if you chose to add wit to a post, rather than just straight writing, which is then very subject to interpretation, that you use the emoticons, as Howard just did. they can help convey when you are kidding, or downright serious.

Also, let's remember Marc A. is still new, and forums take a while to get used to.
Hawk, all fair comment, but surely all more reasons to exercise a degree of caution before posting.

I agree sarcasm cannot be conveyed easily via text and should be avoided - even by those Porsche 911/964 owners possesed with extraordinary writing ability.
Old 12-10-2005, 04:46 PM
MARC A. 964 C4

Howard, read my words as you wish, that is your privilege. There was no malice intended. I write perhaps a bit more and obviously a lot slower then you. Thank you very much for the comments. Always a pleasure to hear from you or do you think this is a form of sarcasm? "Bring back the Postal and telephone services of yesterday"... There was no harm intended, I think my posted answer to John is my answer to your concerns... All the best, and Merry Xmas...
Marc.
Old 12-10-2005, 05:24 PM
Kahdmus
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by MARC A. 964 C4
Howard, read my words as you wish, that is your privilege. There was no malice intended. I write perhaps a bit more and obviously a lot slower then you. Thank you very much for the comments. Always a pleasure to hear from you or do you think this is a form of sarcasm? "Bring back the Postal and telephone services of yesterday"... There was no harm intended, I think my posted answer to John is my answer to your concerns... All the best, and Merry Xmas...
Marc.
Marc, I did not interpret any 'malice'. Hawk suggested that you may have been trying to convey a degree of sarcasm. Personally I didn't think so - I thought the original post a tad rude and unnecessary, but not sarcastic. I hope this clarifies. No need for a protracted discussion. Thanks for the well wishes.

Best regards,

--Howard
Old 12-11-2005, 03:28 AM
MARC A. 964 C4

Howard, thanks for defining your doubts to my text, how my words are interpreted is not the issue or a new subject to me, I also, rock’n roll and listen to a different music then you,.. "Thank God we all function to a different beat"... Dialogue when exercised correctly can and should avoid conflict, let’s use our, "misunderstanding" as a good example. It’s 08:20 the Sun, is rising and I’m off for a Sunday drive, hope you have the same good weather as the Earth, rotates toward your, "Porsche Day Pleasures",.. No hard feelings,.. Marc

Quick Reply: Vote for the winner of my 964 Photo Competition