Sponsored by:

PSS9's: good price?

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2005, 08:45 PM
kgorman
Drifting

Received 41 Likes on 22 Posts
Default PSS9's: good price?

I spoke with my new prospective shop (just purchased the C4) about PSS9's. It appears they are a good intermediate step in suspension. They have some adjustability, and are not too expensive. I read a ton of threads about suspension, but my head is starting to spin. I want a good intermediate type suspension setup that will allow me to do about 10 DE's a year and let me grow into them. Once I get a feel for the car, I will want to make some adjustments, and these seem good for that. No racing, just track days at this point. I don't want to buy new suspension every year as I grow, but my budget is not unlimited either.

- are PSS9's a good choice? (see above requirements)
- is $4800 installed too steep? (seems steep)
- any issues with '89 suspension mounts or are we past that 'issue' now?

This was from Kahlers in Dublin,CA (for those of you who know them).

thx!
Old 10-31-2005, 09:46 PM
Marc Shaw
Super Duper Moderator
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

From what I've seen, it seems to me like $4800 might be a bit steep.

Performance have them for $2700 and I'm told install and alignment should be about $700.

Marc
Old 10-31-2005, 11:41 PM
Jasko
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think that the problem might be that it is difficult to find the PSS9s for the 89 C4. FVD has them for $4000.00 for the MY89-90, while the list price for the MY91-94 is $2700. The rears on the MY89-90 are different than the newer version - towers are 22mm higher on the older versions, shock body is shorter, shock spindle is longer, bump stop different. You can make some modifications to the newer shock hats to make them fit the older towers, but this is not "by the book". The write up for the modification is in the DIY section.
I did this modification on my own car with some H&R coilovers, with the guidance of some rennlisters, and have been happy with the results so far. Yes I realize that the H&Rs are available for the MY 89-90, but I got a good deal on the newer version.
Hope this helps,
Dave
89C4
Old 11-01-2005, 12:01 AM
kgorman
Drifting

Received 41 Likes on 22 Posts

Thanks for the info Dave. I guess I need to decide how hardcore I want to wrench at it. I read the DIY. Seems sufficient for me to get the work done.

Thanks for the info.

Quick Reply: PSS9's: good price?