Sponsored by:

leather treatment

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2005, 09:24 PM
dutchcrunch
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default leather treatment

ordered some soffner from color-plus. applied and let sit for 24 hours. this stuff is awesome!!!!!!!!! i decided to remove seats to do it ( found a dollar worth of change) , and removed seat back which was very easy to do to get all areas especially the portion of the seat bottom thats covered by it. i know it a little extreme but i had the time. i used to use lexol, this stuff is ok but does not last long, my personal opinion of course. anyway the leather feels moist, rich, and much softer to the touch. i also noticed that small creases in the leather seemed to smooth out after be rehydrated from the soffner too. you can also switch the seat backs to even out the wear if you want as the there are levers on both sides of the seat backs. you can gain 1 inch of additional leg room by sliding the seat anchor mount plates back one hole without any work. thought i would share this if anyone was thinking of using the product.

AWESOME STUFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-30-2005, 09:47 PM
danoberer
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ?

Where do you get the stuff?
Old 10-30-2005, 10:01 PM
dutchcrunch
Rennlist Member

Default contact

the web site is www.colorplus.com call them when ready to order, they do not do orders over the internet, dont know why. the soffner i used was the original formula not the quick spray.
Old 10-30-2005, 10:04 PM
dutchcrunch
Rennlist Member

Default oh

i got the 16 oz can . it was more than enough to do my front seats. my car has partial leather so i think the rears are vinyl.
Old 10-31-2005, 12:20 AM
Jay H
Drifting

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I've got an 8 oz can of Surflex Soffener and it's good stuff. Recently, I applied two coats to an '83 SC with very stiff leather seats. After a few weeks, the seats are noticeably softer. It's nice stuff for not all that much money.

Larry carries it at car care online too... (no affiliation, etc, etc)

Jay
90 964
Old 10-31-2005, 02:56 AM
Bill Wagner
Addict
Rennlist Member

My on the driver side seat is tan, and it's showing little cracks that are breaking through the tan coloring showing the real color of the leather which appears to be grayish in color. Do these guys make anything that I could use to fill these cracks in so they match the rest of the seat. A detailer told me that these could be filled in with a matching die (dye??). Does this stuff you guys are talking about do this or was he referring to something else.

Old 10-31-2005, 09:23 AM
dutchcrunch
Rennlist Member

Default cracks

hi Bill, check out the web site they have everthing including color matching. i would call them too and tell them exactly what you would like to accomplish so you get the right products and results your looking for. friendly people.
Old 10-31-2005, 03:13 PM
MarkD
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

hey, I recently ordered color matched dye from a company called leather world technologies. (no affiliation). They even have an automotive color chart covering many Posrche interior colors.
Mine leather is Light Grey so I had to order a white toner to lighten the classic grey.
Here is the link to the dye colorants. Check out the automotive color chart. http://www.leatherworldtech.com/Prod...ductid=D%20245

Works well... essentially dyes the leather as it was originally done.

Mark

Quick Reply: leather treatment