Child seat

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2005, 04:59 PM
willie964
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Smile Child seat

Hi,

Wonder if anyone can reccomend a child seat for the back of my C2 ? Age of child in question is 3+ years.
If you can also give me any idea of the best supplier and price I should be paying it would be much appreciated. ( UK of course )
Not a very exciting subject for most I am afraid but it is the most exciting subject in my son's life climbing into the back of the car !!
Thanks
Old 10-27-2005, 05:02 PM
PC2
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Britax Starriser is around $85 in the US. I believe they are made somewhere in Europe (Italy, I think). BTW, they OEM for Porsche.

Old 10-28-2005, 10:12 AM
Azureblue
Intermediate

Willie, This is always difficult, there are numerous threads. The bottom line is no chair cited by our rennlist colleagues is available here. I contacted Britax and Graco, US seats have not been tested in the UK. If you try to import one to a UK address they will refuse to supply. Options are Maxi cosi rodi sps approx £100(not XP, the base is too wide) this is a high back with a booster, so can be used as a booster only later. Buy a cheap booster seat ans shave/shape the base to fit, these can be had for about £20, less from your local free-adds/rag. I tried the new Britax/Romer Porshe Prince equivalents that Britax do for Audi, Mercedes and VW they were a little too wide, but would fit at an angle (not ideal) (These are the non Isofix types). There is a company down south called quickfit that sells extended rear seatbelts for use with the original porshe britax seats. They will sell you a Mamas & Papas sicuro (aka Klippan futura, i think) for about £300 inc. extended belt. Which magazine claimed that the futura was amongst the three worst seats they tested at that time (circa 2002). If you find an original seat on ebay or somewhere you could fit a secondary lap belt available from most Halfords and motor factors for around £15-£20. Hope this helps, I spent months looking at options available in the UK.
Darryl

Last edited by Azureblue; 10-29-2005 at 03:04 PM. Reason: add prices
Old 10-30-2005, 10:53 AM
Johnny G Pipe
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 44 Likes on 18 Posts

Hi Willie. I bought a used Porsche 'prince' from the 90's, for my 2 year old. It suits older kids by removal of first the bolster and then the back piece. All the covers come off and go in the washing machine. Its not very high tech, but I'm happy enough with it, and it has teddy bears and 356's on it! - kind of depends how concerned you are about having 2005 child seat standards.. My wife is, I'm not..
Old 10-30-2005, 04:01 PM
willie964
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for everyone's help on this one, not an easy one to solve as I imagined
Cheers
Old 10-31-2005, 07:51 AM
Azureblue
Intermediate

Looking for a rear seat belt, the extended version.If your car has previously had a child seat fitted, you may have the longer version fitted, or have one loitering in the garage/loft, PM me if so, otherwise post options/info. Thanks

Quick Reply: Child seat