Sponsored by:

Optima battery question

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2005, 10:24 AM
SNOWBIRD
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Optima battery question

I just did a search to confirm which battery I want. I have the blue top marine Optima in my boat for the starter battery and it has been excellent. So I will go Optima for the P-Car, a '92 C2 cabriolet..
So here's my question;
When I was doing the search someone eluded that the cab's might need more juice... I probably shouldn't worry about it as I put mine up and down manually anyway... But the Red Top 75/35 is the correct one, is that right?
Confirmation appreciated.

PS. You guys will get a kick out of this: I live at the Jersey shore, we have been having a noreaster here since yesterday morning. My home (which is on the bay) sits in a low spot. During storms frequently the water floods into the street, when we have a noreaster coming, cars get moved to high ground. Yesterday at low tide is when I discovered the battery was dead. Put the trickle on it and figured it would be okay through the 1st high tide and I'd move it today at low tide. Last night at the highest tide, water got just into the garage about a foot from my tires (I have a serious slope in the floor for this reason). Well it is dead low tide right now, there's about a foot of water in the street. My baby is stranded in the garage, no way out without driving through about a foot of salt water.
Fear not $$$$ to the rescue! I called a local towing service, in the middle of typing this I stopped to drive the car onto the flatbed and take it 3 blocks away to high ground
Old 10-25-2005, 01:24 PM
PC2
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

SNOWBIRD,

Here is the thread from a while back with photos and part number.

Old 10-26-2005, 03:05 AM
Dunasso
Burning Brakes

I've had the red top in mine for a couple of years now with no problems.

Duncan
Old 10-27-2005, 11:39 AM
MadHungarian
Addict
Rennlist Member

Just be sure you order/purchase the Red Top with the terminals at the EDGES of the top of the battery--the Red Tops with the terminals towards the center of the battery (apparently the majority of Red Tops produced/for sale. for some inexplicable reason) are impossible to install without major modifications of cables.
Old 10-27-2005, 07:43 PM
Smokin
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hmmm.... I don't recall ever seeing the posts in the center of the battery. The shops around here all carry batteries with both the side posts and top posts, toward the edge of the battery.

I have the red top and it works like a charm in my car. It was a little smaller in size and less weight too!

Quick Reply: Optima battery question