Notices
964 Forum 1989-1994
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

NEW DATE for rained-out Baltimore/DC/NoVa Meet & Drive!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2005, 10:59 PM
Mark in Baltimore
Rennlist Member

Received 496 Likes on 320 Posts
Default NEW DATE for rained-out Baltimore/DC/NoVa Meet & Drive!!

For those of you who "missed" last weekend's event, please be aware that I decided to cancel the meet and drive due to the nasty weather. I was, and am, very concerned about people banging up their cars or hurting themselves or others on the unforgiving roads that we will explore.

Although this weekend is now in question, the new date for this get-together is this Saturday, October 29 at 10:00AM. Nothing else has changed: we'll still meet at the same spot, head up to the same route and end up at the same Mick & Tony's.

Please do not post here, for it will make it all the harder for me to keep track of all of the threads going. Please post in the original thread and let me know if you'll be coming to the meet, the drive and/or the eat. I will keep on bumping this up so that it gets people's attention.

If it rains next weekend....

Thank you for your understanding. I'm really looking forward to seeing everyone!

Last edited by Mark in Baltimore; 10-24-2005 at 11:18 PM.
Old 10-27-2005, 09:10 PM
Mark in Baltimore
Rennlist Member

LMB (last minute bump).

Great weather forecasted for Saturday!
Old 10-29-2005, 11:15 PM
Mark in Baltimore
Rennlist Member

I want to send a huge thanks to all of you who came! Your attendance helped make this drive a success! It is just so cool to see 15 plus Porsches zipping along in your mirror. I also especially appreciate all of you who came out from PA or VA.

The turn out was surprisingly good and, as usual, I had a great time meeting new people and catching up with old, but, as usual, I didn't get a chance to talk with everyone. Our drive was okay; the roads were nice, but we got stuck behind some of the slowest cars on the planet which was rather frustrating in the twisties. Oh, and then there was the corn combine from hell...

Thank you all!!!!! I'm looking forward to the next one.

Quick Reply: NEW DATE for rained-out Baltimore/DC/NoVa Meet & Drive!!