Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Gauge Face Replacement Source and Cost?

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2005, 08:33 PM
OUR9II
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Gauge Face Replacement Source and Cost?

My gauge faces have a few delaminations and tears, and I was wondering of a good place to send them for a face replacement and tune-up/evaluation. The gauges work fine, and I have a set of stock faces in very good condition. I was wondering if anyone had been there, and done this before, and the cost.

It hasn't been anything more than just a cosmetic nuisance, until today. I got back in my car for the ride home from work, and the oil pressure gauge didn't go above 2. Yikes! With a little bit of World War II airplane style tapping on the glass, I was able to get it up to 5 (where it normally resides at speed). I noticed that the face had a new smell tear that was causing the needle to hang up. Whew!

I've read about two usuall sources, Hollywood and another California source that I can't remember at the moment. How about the cost, if for only a face replacement and test?

Thank you in advance.

Mike
'93 C2
'72T
Old 10-18-2005, 09:02 PM
Rocket Rob
IHI KING!
Rennlist Member

Received 223 Likes on 177 Posts

I've not had it done but the two business I always hear mentioned are Palo Alto Speedometer and North Hollywood Speedometer. No affiliation with either.

http://www.paspeedo.com/

http://www.nhspeedometer.com/

I hope that helps
Old 10-18-2005, 09:47 PM
Wachuko
Professor of Pending Projects
Rennlist Member

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts
Cool

I did mine about 5 years ago. Got the faces and did the install myself. Cost, I think, was around US$200.00

Mine are from NR Automobile Accessories www.nrauto.com

Anyone knows of a Rennlist sponsor that carries them? Got to support our sponsors....

Last edited by Wachuko; 10-20-2005 at 03:30 PM.
Old 10-20-2005, 02:59 PM
JJJMCD
Pro

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

I had NH Speedo redo the gauge faces in my '91 C2 three years ago. The speedometer was peeling, which is apparently a common problem. Rather than fix just the one gauge, I went with white face on all five gauges. My tech popped the gauges out, Fed-Exed them to NHS and they were refinished and ack in the car within a week. The cost from NHS was around $350, as I recall.

Regards,

John

Quick Reply: Gauge Face Replacement Source and Cost?