O/T For sale - 1/12th Tamiya 959 R/C Car

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2005, 06:23 PM
Andy Roe
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default O/T For sale - 1/12th Tamiya 959 R/C Car

OK, it's time to clear out some space in my wardrobe & thought I'd see if anyone wanted this here before I throw it on eBay!

I bought this just over a year ago, but have never used it. It's a rare model, built in the 1980's & will probably only go up in value - I've seen un-assembled ones go for around £700! It's only been ran outside the once in the dry, so it's virtually as new. Comes with box, manual, spare parts including front suspension wishbones & a spare reproduction body. Original body has never been painted. Rare Rothmans stickers also included(these were later outlawed by Rothmans!). Radio gear, 7.2V battery, trickle/fast mains/car battery charger - everything you need to get it running!

An ideal Christmas present for someone? Looking for offers over £200!
Here's a pic - more upon request if ness.
Old 10-10-2005, 07:25 PM
Kahdmus
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Andy, a long, long time ago when I was still living in England a mate and I built one of these. It is a superb model and is one of the most sought after Tamiya R/C cars. I looked it up on Ebay a few months ago and was STAGGERED at the price they go for!

I ended up buying a limited edition 993 1/12 R/C car instead that was still sealed and it is now sitting in the top of the closet waiting for my boy to grow big enough to help Dad put it together!

Quick Reply: O/T For sale - 1/12th Tamiya 959 R/C Car