Notices
964 Forum 1989-1994
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Has anyone had Frozen Rotors on their cars?

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2001, 06:14 PM
Michael W
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Has anyone had Frozen Rotors on their cars?

And of course I like to know what you think of them. Is this a worthwhile upgrade to the OEM rotors?

thanks

Mike
Old 08-06-2001, 02:12 AM
Jeff Curtis
Race Car

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Yup, I've had two sets on my SC, do a lot of Driver's Education events. Will you be participating in anything like that? If not, "frozen rotors" would be a waste of money, if so, they do last a few more events than normal (untreated) rotors.

I have recently track-prepped my latest acquisition, a '91 964, did NOT get frozen rotors...just got a set of Sebro cross-drilled rotors...we will see how long they last. After one event, there is some heat cracking evident...there probably wouldn't be any yet on a set of frozen rotors.

It really is a toss-up in my book, as to whether the investment is worth it...what you save in rotor replacement, you spend to have them cryogenically treated!?? Guess this saves on labor in the long run??

Again, if you're not going to track your car, and I don't mean Autocross either, I wouldn't waste the money, just my 2cents!
Old 08-06-2001, 03:19 PM
Michael W
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks Jeff,
I do intend to do some DE and auto cross someday, however, based on your advice, I think I might go with factory OEMs 1st and then the frozen rotors.

thanks

Mike

Quick Reply: Has anyone had Frozen Rotors on their cars?