911 & Porsche World - 964 Issue

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2002, 05:47 AM
Christer
Race Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wink

Riccardo

My opinion is only based on one 15 min lift with a family friend so it's a bit limited. I would test drive one as soon as possible - no point chasing a dream that is actually a nightmare! Get it out of your system (either way) now.

brgds
Christer
Old 03-08-2002, 06:33 AM
George Stevens
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Riccardo

I wouldn't bother with a touring version, they are not really in the spirit of a true RS.

Basic sports models with A/C are available but rare

I agree with Christer, you need to drive one!!!

If you can wait a couple of months you are welcome to try mine!!!
Old 03-08-2002, 08:21 AM
George Stevens
Racer

Riccardo

I have just received an e-mail form another RS owner who is thinking of selling his car;

964 RS Lightweight, 1992(J), metallic midnight blue, LHD, very original with magnesium Cup wheels and Recaro seats (black + triple blue leather), full bare metal repaint by OPC, recent new clutch, 57k miles, Cat 1 alarm, rear

If you are interested e-mail me and I will put you in touch with the owner
Old 03-08-2002, 10:05 AM
Riccardo
Burning Brakes

George,

Thanks for the tip, it sounds like a beautiful car (and in a very nice colour too!). Unfortunately, the reason why I am thinking in upgrading to an RS within 6 months / 1 year is that, at the moment I lack the funds! I am saving away, but at the end of the day I will need to have a nice idle £10k before I can even think about it.

Still, if the owner doesn't mind me going round for a butchers I would be glad to see it!

By the way, sorry to hear that you'll be RS less for all that time. I was away on hols for 1 months and dearly missed my car, can't immagine 3 months! Sounds like a bit of a long time to me, have you see the guy on the 993 board who is having his 993 painted to yellow? Its in Switzerland, they are doing a full (in & out) respray and its only taking 6 weeks (and, I think, works out at $10,000 = £6000).
Old 03-08-2002, 10:36 AM
greg1234
Racer

George - what happened to your car? I seem to have missed something here....?
Old 03-08-2002, 10:55 AM
George Stevens
Racer

Greg, it's on the "Polish and stone chips" discussion.
Old 03-08-2002, 11:09 AM
greg1234
Racer

George - just checked your accident posting.

£13K and 3 months? With insurance it's the 3 months that hurts the most. You have my deepest sympathy!!!

(PS where are the voyeuristic photos then???!!!)

Reminds me of something that happened an University. I had a Saab 900 EMS and my friend Kevin had an MG Metro. There was a fast slip road that we used to drive every day, and we were competing to see who could take it the fastest. One day I took it at 50mph, had all four tyres squealing, and decided enough was enough.

That night Kevin tried to take it at 60mph, ended up spinning, leaving the road and taking out a park bench and a tree and, obviously, smashing his car up in the process. It gets worse - an off-duty policeman witnessed it and so Kevin was told he would be interviewed by the police. When the day for the interview came, we planted whoopee cushions on every seat in Kevin's room - thought it might lighten the atmosphere a little

Even worse - I decided that, since he had not successfully exited the slip road at the other end, he was disqualified and his 60mph didn't count, so I was the winner. I've still got a small piece of his bodykit as a memento.
Old 03-26-2002, 10:38 AM
GK
Intermediate

To John:

Thanks a lot for recommending this 911 mag.

I have subscribed for 12 issues on the 8th of March, received the March copy on the 18th, and today the April copy. Pretty fast service considering I sent them a cheque by snail-mail from France.

Regards,

Giorgio.

Quick Reply: 911 & Porsche World - 964 Issue