Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Yet another Keyless Entry thread ...

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2005, 11:15 AM
Slappy
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Yet another Keyless Entry thread ...

I think that I have read just about every post on the subject (most are old), but I am still vague on a couple of points. If anyone can lend a hand, I will surey try to post a DIY with pictures to help for future references.

I want to make the lights blink ... I have the diodes but have no clue as to where the left and right blinker wires are. Can anybody tell me where to find these ?

I need to attach to a 12v+ "switched" (not constant) wire somewhere. Now I will be working in the passenger seat area ... can anybody tell me where I can find the easiest 12v+ switched wire from that position ... preferably without having to contort my body into positions that I might not be able to get out of.

The car is a 1991 964 C2 ... thanks !!!
Old 09-17-2005, 07:17 PM
puma1824
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Parking Lights: Gray/Red & Gray/Black *At light switch harness

while you're there you might as well grab the 12v switched at the ignition harness (Accessory: Red/Yellow) or grab the switched wire behind radio.

-Puma
Old 09-17-2005, 07:26 PM
Slappy
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by puma1824
Parking Lights: Gray/Red & Gray/Black *At light switch harness

while you're there you might as well grab the 12v switched at the ignition harness (Accessory: Red/Yellow) or grab the switched wire behind radio.

-Puma
Thank you very much !!!

I did install the keyless entry and it works. I will go back and add the diodes to the parking lights. Keyless entry works without the switched 12v ... I am assuming that this connection will provide me the ability to auto-lock when starting and auto-unlock when turning the car off ... this is a programmable option on the unit that I installed.

Quick Reply: Yet another Keyless Entry thread ...