Sponsored by:

Brake pad specification

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2002, 04:36 PM
d.manzella
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Brake pad specification

I routinely drive my '90 C4 at the track. As a result I have ended up consuming quite a few sets of brake pads. I recently switched to Hawk Blue pads which come in several thicknesses. I have specified 0.710 inch thickness in the past which has worked, but my rotors are not new. The vendor has some concern reagrding the fitment of this thickness pad with new rotors (which I will need sometime before the end of the year) and would prefer to sell me 0.650 thick pads. Does anyone have any definitive knowledge about this? It may sound trivial, but 0.06' represents 10% of the total pad thickness or something like 20% of the useable friction material and these things aren't cheap. Regards,
Dave
Old 05-23-2002, 05:43 AM
Adrian
Addict
Lead Rennlist
Technical Advisor
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
Talking

To be totally honest I would tend to look for answers from the "real" experts on such things. I would certainly make a similar post on the racing forum but I would also take into consideration what your supplier is saying. I am sure one of the racing professionals or race car preparation companies can give you the expert advice you need,
Ciao,
Adrian
911C4

Quick Reply: Brake pad specification