Sponsored by:

Any issues with rear screen removal?

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2003, 09:54 AM
Johnny G Pipe
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 44 Likes on 18 Posts
Post Any issues with rear screen removal?

I am getting the remaining rust repaired on my car - shamed into getting my cosmetics sorted after seeing John B's super clean machine- and I need to remove the rear screen to get to the usual rust bubble.

My body shop has a autoglass nearby that did a good job of my windscreen - they said 'don't see why it should be a problem' when I asked them if they could remove it. Anything I should be telling them to watch out for? Is the rear demister and wiper easy enough to disconnect?

Thanks!

I've already checked FAQ and 964.co.uk, btw.
Old 07-07-2003, 11:11 AM
warmfuzzies
Drifting

Received 25 Likes on 10 Posts
Johnny,

Nothing special was mentioned during my rear screen removal....
And everything works now its back together, but it wouldn't harm to mention the rear wiper can be a litle fragile.

Kevin

Rust already repaired.......
Old 07-08-2003, 12:49 PM
schubee
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Johnny,

I recently replaced my headliner and removed all glass including the rear screen. I would recommend getting a new seal for all windows being replaced. The rear screen was more difficult due to the rear defrost (demister) and rear brake light wires. These wires run in a grove around the seal. You may have to punch holes in the seal to run the wires to the connectors. With some patience and a beer, this can be done with a friend in less than an hour! I don't have a rear wiper so I can't suggest anything on that.

Good luck!

Quick Reply: Any issues with rear screen removal?