Sunroof / headliner removal help?

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2002, 11:46 PM
Darin
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Sunroof / headliner removal help?

Gentleman (and ladies),

I'm looking for some pointers on the removal of the sunroof panel and perhaps the headliner of a 1991 Carrera 2.

The car belongs to my father and was unfortunately caught in an Iowa hail storm in mid June. I just learned today that it will be going in for paintless dent removal on Tuesday. Having spoken with the ding removal folks some time ago, they stated that they were afraid to go near the headliner on the 911. If the roof is to be done in a paintless fashion then I (or my father) must remove the headliner from the car prior to bringing it in for the PDR service. I suggested that we could just take out the entire sunroof panel which might give them enough room to work and they agreed. My only problem is that I'm not entirely sure how to go about doing that.

I've read a few FAQs about removing the headliner trim piece but have yet to see info on removing the panel entirely. Has anyone been there, done that? I would think so. ;-)

I have done this routine on my Audi Coupe quattro but I'm not too keen on jumping into a 911 that I'm not entirely familiar with.

Any input would be appreciated. :-)
Old 08-05-2002, 04:17 AM
John Boggiano
Addict
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sry - no time to get the link, but this is covered in a Tech Forum on <a href="http://www.pelicanparts.com" target="_blank">www.pelicanparts.com</a>

Quick Reply: Sunroof / headliner removal help?