Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Throttle Position Sensor

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2013, 04:20 PM
HiWind
Race Car

Received 47 Likes on 26 Posts

It does have air temp. And it has a vacuum tube onto TB - is that a type of MAP?
Old 03-14-2013, 04:05 PM
HiWind
Race Car

I found my TPS! Woohoo! and the wires for it which were wrapped up in the (taped) wires to the ISV

_ anyone have a photo of the wiring orientation re the tps - there are 4 wires and 3 pins on the plug?

.... pretty please if you have one ... the wiring diagram is a bit vague as the wires are all multi colored.

Thanks!
Old 03-16-2013, 04:22 PM
HiWind
Race Car

bump .... bumpity bump
Old 12-15-2013, 02:13 AM
HiWind
Race Car

Originally Posted by NineMeister
No, you do not need the AFM. The reason why you have a TPS fitted is because the Diktator box controls the fuel injectors using an Alpha-N table, Alpha being the Y-axix for throttle angle (0-100%) and N is engine rpm on the X-axis. I don't know the Diktator system at all, so unless you also have an air temperature (AT) and/or manifold absolute pressure (MAP) sensors wired in, one can only assume that the system does not run any form of compensation tables for air temperature or pressure. If so, it's not very big and it's definitely not very clever....
Have finally decide my idle situation requires that I schooled up on the Dicktator system Colin ...
1. It can use MAP (vacuum hose) or TPS - mine is using the vacuum hose at present but manual says its better on NA cars to use the TPS
2. Dicktator can adjust for altitude, air temp .. so its not dumb (tho not motec!). It can handle shift lights, launch control and a couple other neat features.
3. attached is the software guide .. which I'm re-reading a third time - lots of things I don't know slow things down .. like wasted spark and whether our igniters are dumb or intelligent ...
4. Input trigger edges - mine are set like in the example below ... was done by experienced shop up country (high altitude) from me so I'm sure they're ok ... but couldn't find any reference to this re our ignition system

dickator software guide link

... more questions and hopefully answers once I get further into it
Attached Images  

Quick Reply: Throttle Position Sensor