Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

German style plates

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2005, 06:31 AM
robmug
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Graham - take a look at http://www.germanplates.com/sticker.htm ; they don't publicise it but they do supply a sticker with each plate sold...
Old 08-26-2005, 06:57 AM
Graham L
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

nice spot Rob - although I may get beaten by a Norwegian if i did this...

Random pic of current plate follows:
Attached Images  
Old 08-26-2005, 08:31 AM
hawk911
Race Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Try this

European stickers for plates they have the stickers for all years and you can get the Stuttgart sticker also for city of origin.

I had my neighbor make them for me; he's a printer/signmaker
Old 08-26-2005, 12:32 PM
Adrian
Addict
Lead Rennlist
Technical Advisor
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

Graham,
Here is the number plate law of your own country.

http://www.dvla.gov.uk/vehicles/regm...quirements.htm

Methinks you are best to stick with your decision.
It also sort of answers the question about why the Porsche crest is no longer allowed on number plates if you read the section about flags and markings.
Ciao,
Adrian.
Old 08-26-2005, 02:22 PM
Indycam
Nordschleife Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

"I don't want to get into trouble....but this sounds like a lesbian personal ad!!"
Some cars are male , the hummer is a military guy with a crew cut and a 45
Some cars are fem , the miata is a cute little japanese girl
My 964 is a lesbian .
I never knew before you mentioned it , but its all so clear now .
Old 08-27-2005, 12:34 PM
Jerry Garwick
Racer

Location: Prather, California: somewhere in the middle of the State

In California a cop can stop you for anything not authorized on your plates, and for not having a properly issued plate on the front. But they don't hardly ever bother.

Having said that, a good 20% of all cars and trucks in California do not bother putting front plates on. For the most part on sports cars, they look ugly. My son, who is a California cop, says that he never stops a car for no front plate unless it is a '67 or so Camaro in gray primer, load pipes, and a cracked window. He feels pretty sure that the following inspection of the car will lead to drugs or illegal weapons. These guys driving that type of car arn't very high on the smart chart.

I have a German style plate on the front of my '65 356 which says "PORSCHE 356." I have a friend who actually drives his 356 with a similar plate on the back! Haven't been stopped yet. I also adheared a Porsche sticker on the wife's ego plates on her '91 cab. It looks really cool. Haven't been stopped yet. Many ego plates in this state come from DMV with some sort of special sticker, such as Marine Corps emblem. I think the cops in California have much more to occupy their time then worrying about such things.
Old 08-27-2005, 04:16 PM
Kahdmus
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Jerry Garwick
I think the cops in California have much more to occupy their time then worrying about such things.
How I wish that were true! But sadly its my experience of California law enforcement that, aside from Starbucks, the police seem far too occupied with the pursuit of trivial, but revenue boosting harassment of motorists rather than earning the well earned tax dollars spent to employ them.

The ironic thing, at least where I reside in CA, is that the cops are some of the laziest, discourteous and occasionally reckless drivers in town!

Quick Reply: German style plates