Sponsored by:

Rear Ended

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2003, 08:00 PM
optionguru
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Rear Ended

On the way home from work this evening I got stuck in stop and go traffic and a full size Dodge pick-up truck rear ended me going very slowly. I certainly felt it but when I got out of the car every thing looked fine except a few little paint scuffs. The strange thing is that his metal bumper was dented in a few inches.

When I continued my drive home everything seemed fine, car wasn't drifting or making any strange noises (knock on wood). Is there anything in particular I should look for?

Thanks,
Peter
Old 04-10-2003, 08:27 PM
BrokeAss
Driver Carries No Cash
Rennlist Member

Well that just sucks doesn't it!
If it was a low speed impact, chances are you're ok. The rear end of a 911 has got a lot of metal. If you've got a set of ramps, crawl under the car so that you can get a better look at what's behind the bumper cover.
Old 04-10-2003, 09:00 PM
optionguru
Intermediate

I have to bring it into Foreign Affairs in the morning for some fine tunin so I guess I'll have thel lift it up and check it out. After all that time in the shop, I get it back and now this.

Hopefully it's ok for Moroso.
Peter
Old 04-11-2003, 06:41 AM
JW Hubbers
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Something like that happened to me last year. Just substitute "big Dodge" for "plastic French car"...

A word of warning: in my case too there didn't appear to be any substantial damage. Yet it was necessary to fit a new center section of the rear bumper. Total cost (including spraying) was a little over 900 euros.

Cheers,

JW
Old 04-11-2003, 01:40 PM
Hunter Ware
Addict
Rennlist Member

I got backed into by a small bus two weeks ago. The company that owns the truck were quite floored and saddened by how painfully expensive such a mistake can be (not to mention the month of rental-car they have to pay for). Maybe like with you all they will make sure to hit less pricey cars (*ahem* toys) from now on. *grin*

Sad but at least THEY are paying for it,

Hunter

Quick Reply: Rear Ended