Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Another Power Window Problem!

Old 08-17-2005, 11:29 AM
darth
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Napa

If you want to I can help by stepping you through some general diagnostic steps in order to find the problem until you get a wiring diagram.

When you press any one of the 3 switches do you hear the relay click or activate?

Bill
90C2
Old 08-17-2005, 11:35 AM
dfinnegan
Drifting

Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts

I have a PM out to NapaC4 on the wiring diagrams . . .
Old 08-17-2005, 01:52 PM
NapaC4
AutoX

Darth & Dave,

Thanks for the replies and offers - I bought and downloaded a copy of the manual so I now have a wiring diagram.

Darth,

No click when I press any of the switches. If you take a read through the post you'll get an idea of what I have already done. I've put the multimeter on all of the adapters the switches plug into and the plug for the window motor. I have power at the switches, power at the relay, but no power at the motor (3 new switches & new relay). I wanted to look at the wiring diagram to see if there is anything between the points I've tested - mainly between the relay and the motor. But from the diagram it looks like power to the motor comes directly from the switch (1 blue wire and 1 black wire). I'll have to recheck this when I get home as I recall both wires being blue and being redirected back towards the relay. I do have a Viper alarm with a window module so maybe the wiring was modified for this. If you have any other suggestions here I'm open to any ideas!

Thanks

Todd
Old 12-18-2005, 01:14 PM
NapaC4
AutoX

I've been tied up with work and I took some time off from trying to figure the window problem out. I started again last weekend and came to the conclusion that the problem was the Viper Alarm Window module.

I dropped the car by a Viper dealer and they confirmed the module was corroded and had failed. A couple of hours labor, programming, and new part fixed my problem. Both windows work and I have new switches and relay so this should fix my problem until something else fails!

Thanks for all of the replies and help.
Old 03-31-2015, 12:22 AM
x98boardwell
Three Wheelin'

Received 38 Likes on 23 Posts

NAPA C4, you still around? I think I own your old car if you happened to sell it. If so, PM me. Thx, Bryan

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Another Power Window Problem!