Sponsored by:

Turbo steering wheel

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2003, 06:16 PM
dove
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wink Turbo steering wheel

Hi, I have a 3 spoke steering wheel maybe turbo 2? on my 964 with a push button horn,Since I got the car the horn hasnt worked,I looked in to this today and took off the push button horn to find a loose wire with a connector coming from the steering column, It will not connect onto the back of the push button,theres just no place for a connection,is there any way I can connect this up to get the horn working on the push button.
Paul
Old 06-25-2003, 07:31 PM
joey bagadonuts
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'll take a stab (but this will cost you).

I'm guessing you have an aftermarket Momo wheel. If the center is a circular, push-button horn, then it's aftermarket--trust me.

Now, as for the loose wire, these things are missing a screw for some reason. You can pull the button straight off the wheel to work on it. On the back, there's a hole which will accommodate a small screw (6 or 8) which, when inserted, will make contact with the spiral spring inside the button.

Wrap the loose wire around your new screw contact. You might want to crimp a female contact (u-shaped) on to the wire to make sure it doesn't come loose during some of your high-speed heroics.

Okay, pop it all back in, turn the key and give it a try. That'll be $500.

If that doesn't work, then you'll need to post pics. And sorry, you won't get a refund for the earlier work. Good luck!
Old 06-26-2003, 02:35 PM
dove
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for the info Joey,cheques in the post.

Paul

Quick Reply: Turbo steering wheel