Notices
964 Forum 1989-1994
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Alternator Fan Bolt Size request (see pic)

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2005, 04:39 PM
puma1824
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Alternator Fan Bolt Size request (see pic)

Anyone know the size socket I would need to turn the alternator fan bolt? (see pic part# 22)

Unfortunately I don't have the correct size and would like to purchase just the size I need.

Thanks in advance,
Puma
Old 08-02-2005, 04:57 PM
bhensarl
Jarhead
Rennlist Member

Do you have the stock toolkit? If so, you've got everything you need. The nut is a 24 metric and to get it off you'll need a triple-square spline tool. Both the wrench and the spline tool should be in your factory tool kit. Be very, very, very careful when removing the shims and pulley halves. If they've never been removed they can be pretty rusted on. I would suggest spraying them with liquid wrench and letting them sit over night before trying to remove them if you're having any trouble. But whatever you do, don't bend or damage them. If they get out of whack they will rub on each other while they're spinning at a few thousand RPM and can create some serious heat.
Brian
Attached Images  
Old 08-02-2005, 05:05 PM
puma1824
Pro

Originally Posted by bhensarl
Do you have the stock toolkit? If so, you've got everything you need. The nut is a 24 metric and to get it off you'll need a triple-square spline tool. Both the wrench and the spline tool should be in your factory tool kit. Be very, very, very careful when removing the shims and pulley halves. If they've never been removed they can be pretty rusted on. I would suggest spraying them with liquid wrench and letting them sit over night before trying to remove them if you're having any trouble. But whatever you do, don't bend or damage them. If they get out of whack they will rub on each other while they're spinning at a few thousand RPM and can create some serious heat.
Brian
Thanks! Unfortunately I don't have the toolkit. I will have to reassemble the kit with individual parts OR purchase a new kit somehow. Maybe I can turn this thread into what tools are included in the factory kit.
Old 08-02-2005, 05:16 PM
JasonAndreas
Technical Guru
Rennlist Member

Received 112 Likes on 90 Posts

a 15/16" socket will also work (and also on your steering wheel...) if you have non-metric tools floating around.

Quick Reply: Alternator Fan Bolt Size request (see pic)