Sponsored by:

Cab top problem

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2002, 12:58 PM
John Rygg
Burning Brakes

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts
Post Cab top problem

I have a 91 c2 Cab and the top will only go down about half way. when looking at it ,it seems that the Passenger side motor for the top is not working. Does anyone have any troubleshooting tips to check this out? has anyone replaced one of these motors? is it a DIY type of thing?

any help would be great
Thanks
John
Old 07-31-2002, 01:13 PM
JOHNPAUL
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
John , myself and one other person on this board have broken the top bow support because the bolt that hold the main lifting / lowering arm has backed out . It sounds like one of the arms or transmisions is out of sinc. remove the speaker covers to acsess .
I would remove the allen bolt holding the main lifting arm . now you can manualy opperate the top for troubleshooting . be carfull not to lower the top onto the arms and poke a hole ...With the driving mech seperate I would opperate the switch up ond down and see what happend , my bet is that the bolt has backed out . the arm and transmision are grooved so that the fit together ...

do a search there are other topics and links , same ,,,cab top advice .....good luck
Old 08-01-2002, 11:49 AM
KY-91C2
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
John:

Earlier this year I had my B-pillar snap on me, and this tore my top in two places on the passenger side. So be very careful when lowering you top right now. I'd follow JohnPaul's advice on troubleshooting the drive mechanism. I have yet to do that, so my top is a manual top, for now. So I'm not sure if one of the motors died on me, or if a bolt came loose, or what.

Ron

91 C2 Cabriolet
85.5 944 NA
Old 08-03-2002, 11:36 PM
John Rygg
Burning Brakes

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts
Thanks for everyones help. I was able to fix the problem the motors were not in sync. taking out the allen bolt helped be solve my problem..

once again the people on this forum are GREAT !!!

John
91 C2 Cab

Quick Reply: Cab top problem