Sponsored by:

More Newbie worries!

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2005, 02:17 PM
yugger
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thanks, I've already found the manual to be VERY helpful

Here's a pic of the new car. First change will be a set of Cups!
Attached Images  

Last edited by yugger; 07-29-2005 at 02:36 PM.
Old 07-29-2005, 02:49 PM
Henriks 964
Instructor

Lookking great!
Old 07-29-2005, 03:17 PM
stuart1997
Instructor

Be a rebel and keep the D90`s
My 4wd lights stay on also for a few seconds,also the brake pad warning light sometimes comes on.
My old 911 was an 3.2 carrera so getting used to the differences is half the fun,on my first drive i managed to pull the light switch **** off
Then i noticed the oil level guage was not moving-its all fun
Old 07-29-2005, 03:23 PM
yugger
Track Day

It seems like I learn something new about the car every day. I've had many VWs, Audis so the quirks are nothing new. Coming from a big Merc E-class (with no quirks), this is a world of difference..and a world of fun.
Old 07-31-2005, 11:09 PM
5kidz
7th Gear

I've had my '91 C2 since the beginning of June. My warning light stays on until I press the "off" button. My ABS light stays on for a quarter mile or so.

I love my new car! I'm so glad it has the 2+2 seats because I like to be able to take my kids on errands. It allows me to drive my car more than I would otherwise.

-John Hall
Traverse City, Michigan
Old 08-01-2005, 12:32 AM
garrett376
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 563 Likes on 430 Posts

Originally Posted by JasonAndreas
Do you guys drive off with the brake pressure warning lit up?
Yep, all the time! My cabrio's accumulator is about to go, I think, because it takes a long time to repressurize - I get the beeping even when it has sat just overnight. My coupe must have a newer accumulator, because even when it sits for 1 week, it is pressurized upon startup after a couple seconds!

Originally Posted by C4porsche964
The C4 hydraulic pump has to pressurize the brake system which includes the calipers, clutch and PDAS.

Just to clarify, the hydraulic pressurization does NOT have anything to do with the clutch system, and it does not pressurize the calipers - with regards to the braking system, it is only involved with the "assist" of the brake system. Hope that helps!
Old 08-01-2005, 01:06 AM
garrett376
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 563 Likes on 430 Posts

Originally Posted by Indycam
Do you know that you can recharge the accumulator ?
Its upper chamber is nitrogen charged , the nitrogen can and does leak , and can be replaced .
Where would you go to have this done? That sounds like a much easier option if it's feasible.

Originally Posted by Indycam
I was going to post something along the same lines , but being abused in the past has made me rethink everything .
Old 08-01-2005, 01:11 AM
bhensarl
Jarhead
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by garrett376
My cabrio's accumulator is about to go, I think, because it takes a long time to repressurize - I get the beeping even when it has sat just overnight. My coupe must have a newer accumulator, because even when it sits for 1 week, it is pressurized upon startup after a couple seconds!
When I bled my brakes/clutch last month I also bled the solenoid block and accumulator. Before I did it could take up to a minute to fully pressurize if the car had been sitting overnight. After the bleed, it never takes more than about 30 seconds, and the warning horn only comes on if the car has sat for more than a day or so. Worth a try and not too difficult. Adrian's book has the step by step.
Brian
Old 08-02-2005, 04:57 PM
JAMES J
Instructor

D90 's and FLAG'S....FOREVER !!!!
Old 08-05-2005, 04:45 PM
C4porsche964
Intermediate

"Just to clarify, the hydraulic pressurization does NOT have anything to do with the clutch system, and it does not pressurize the calipers - with regards to the braking system, it is only involved with the "assist" of the brake system. Hope that helps! "

Garrett

Thanks for the correction. The car wouldn't move very well if the hydraulic pump pressurized the calipers.
Old 08-05-2005, 09:45 PM
AlanC
Track Day

I've experienced all the same problems in my '91 C4 as has been mentioned above. In addition, *occasionally* the oil will get a quart or so low, and I've noticed when in that condition a bump will trigger the same lights and beeping when I'm driving, even after the car has warmed up. And, the lights don't go out until after the car has been turned off. After I bring the oil level up to where it needs to be, that behavior never happens.

No explanation. Just observations. I've had the car about 6 years and it's still as wonderful as when I bought it.

Quick Reply: More Newbie worries!