Sponsored by:

cutting out

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2005, 12:52 PM
gilessav
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi,

I had similar probs a year ago, a changed O2 sensor and new caps and rotors and fuel filter seemed to sort it for about 4k but then it came back. After changing mechs and a 24k service the problem had gone. My mech also pointed to the mass airflow sensor and indicated that the connections must have been corrded/poor and after he cleaned them (no idea how i'm afraid) the cars ran great ever since. He said he'd seen many like it and whilst the tracks of the airflow sensor within the assembly were never touched i think there is a post from many moons ago indicating how to clean up the whole assembly including the connectors.

Good luck with it as these running issues are a pain i know

Cheers
Giles.
Old 07-20-2005, 04:20 PM
chris walrod
Guru
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

Received 102 Likes on 52 Posts

A few weeks ago I fixed a buddies 93RSA. Same symtoms, only no stalling, or at least rare stalling. Turned-out to be the dizzy belt had slipped. Replaced the $7 belt and all was well again.
Old 07-25-2005, 05:35 AM
citychap26
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi All,

Went to JZMachtech on Saturday. Boy those guys are good! They cleaned out the air mass sensor for me and I got a 993 DME relay. All appears fine. I hope that was the problem.

Cheers

Sunil
Old 07-25-2005, 06:04 AM
C4-JohnO
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I get similar probles but only when the road is very wet and at low speeds, it just cuts out.

Raining on the way back from Cornwall on SUnday and it strated doing it then cleared again?

I have new HT leads and caps installed and a new DMA relay.

Intermitant fault is nearly impossible to trace as i can't replicate the problem at the garage
Old 07-25-2005, 06:16 AM
DaveK
Race Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If it's only when it's wet it could very well be O2 sensor assuming you've still got one. I've seen on here before that aftermarket ones particularly have a problem with getting wet.

Quick Reply: cutting out