Sponsored by:

Help Needed With Appbiz RS Carpet Install

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2005, 05:32 AM
Jamie Summers
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Help Needed With Appbiz RS Carpet Install

Just received my new full RS interior from Appbiz and was wondering whether there were any kind of instructions I could give to my trimmer to help him figure out what goes where ? Obviously the RS carpets are a bit different to the normal C2 carpets being removed - so it's not just a straight swap piece for piece.

Somewhere on the web there is a step by step install of an Appbiz '73 RS carpet set, but obviously the 964 RS kit is different, so while it might be a help it's not going to be totally accurate.

I was thinking that there might be some pages in the PET catalogue with exploded diagrams of where the various pieces of carpet go on a Euro RS. Can anyone out there help with that ?

Thanks very much,

Jamie
Old 07-14-2005, 03:32 PM
pete000
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I hear it takes about six hours to do the install. Are you going to remove the deadning padding. That stuff is really heavy.
Old 07-14-2005, 05:43 PM
JC in NY
Burning Brakes

One thing that the kit will probably not have is the carpeted hard plastic covers that go over the front seat belt reels. I'm not sure what you're supposed to do about that.
Old 07-15-2005, 12:02 AM
JasonAndreas
Technical Guru
Rennlist Member

Received 112 Likes on 90 Posts

Originally Posted by Jamie Summers
Obviously the RS carpets are a bit different to the normal C2 carpets being removed - so it's not just a straight swap piece for piece.
There are 3 or 4 pieces in the rear that are different but once you remove the side trim panel and back wall lining it will be pretty obvious. The seatbelt covers that JC mentions are 964-555-327-00 (L), 964-555-328-00 (R) and 999-049-001-40 (plastic nut that you need 4 of).

Originally Posted by Jamie Summers
I was thinking that there might be some pages in the PET catalogue with exploded diagrams of where the various pieces of carpet go on a Euro RS.
Unfortunately the diagram in PET doesn't show much but here you go anyway.

Old 07-15-2005, 05:05 AM
Jamie Summers
Racer

Thanks guys,
Looks like there are a few things to think about. I'd like to dump some of the sound deadening material but don't want to leave it so noisy that it becomes unuseable for day to day. As for the seatbelt covers I'm not sure how to cope with those - I may just leave the reels open (that's what Appbiz suggest). Is there a picture in PET showing how they fit / what they look like ? Would the factory carpeted covers be a good match for the Appbiz carpet ?

Jason, I see what you mean about the PET diagram - I have about ten times as many pieces of carpet as that !!!! Oh well, I'm sure all will become clear once I start stripping the old carpet out.

Jamie
Old 07-15-2005, 09:12 AM
Jamie Summers
Racer

Right then - back to the drawing board. I spoke to my local OPC to try to get a price on the seatbelt covers and they are obsolete - part number no longer exists. I think I'm going to have to leave the reels open or get my trimmer to custom make a cover - shouldn't be too difficult ........

Quick Reply: Help Needed With Appbiz RS Carpet Install