Foam pieces in front bumper

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2005, 11:33 AM
axl911
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Foam pieces in front bumper

Hi all,

From searching the forum, there are 2 foam pieces on each side of the front bumper cover to direct air to the AC and oil cooler. These pieces are missing on mine. Anyone has a picture of what these look like and where they go?

It's getting hot here in Texas and I'd like to improve my car's cooling and AC.

thanks,
anthony
Old 07-12-2005, 01:04 PM
MadHungarian
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I will wager that they are "missing" on most cars of your (our) vintage--I was doing some work under the front of my car and found that they had deteriorated to the point of uselessness. I pulled the remainders out and haven't noticed one change in ac/engine cooling/performance. Now, if I lived in the middle of the Sahara desert . . .
Old 07-12-2005, 01:26 PM
axl911
Drifting

Where do these pieces fit?
Old 07-12-2005, 06:22 PM
MadHungarian
Addict
Rennlist Member

Its been nearly two years, but . . . If you lie on your back with your head below the center of the "smile", you will see a plastic undertray that surrounds the steel trunk well. Actually, the tray is split in the middle, just above where your nose should be, and extends to the edges of the front fenders/wheel wells. The foam pieces are above the tray, and, as I recall, up in the body work closer to the edges of the fenders than they are to the front of the smile.
Old 07-13-2005, 04:04 AM
axl911
Drifting

Okay, I guess the foam sealing block are part 12 & 13 in the diagram, but where do they attach? To the side of the bumer cover?

thanks,
anthony
Attached Images  
Old 07-13-2005, 11:35 PM
MadHungarian
Addict
Rennlist Member

The diagram refreshes my memory--a bit. They are 12 and 13, and they are both on the right side of the car. Have you taken off the undertray? If not, you may see the remnants. Again, as I recall, the pads fit (are wedged) into slots. Perhaps one or both on the tray, perhaps one or both in bodywork above tray. Not, as I recall, on the side of the bumper cover, That's the best I can do--does anyone have more recent experience (or a better memory) than I? Sorry I can't be of more help.

Quick Reply: Foam pieces in front bumper