Sponsored by:

Speedometer light bulb replacement

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2003, 08:53 PM
BaysideC4
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Question Speedometer light bulb replacement

Has anyone replaced a light bulb in their speedometer? One side of mine seems dim all of the sudden. Difficulty level? Do I need to order the bulbs from my dealer or can I get them from Radio Shack?

Thanks,
Brad
Old 01-09-2003, 09:42 PM
Robert Coats
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Arial,Helvetica,Geneva">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Arial,Helvetica,Geneva">Originally posted by BaysideC4:
<strong>Difficulty level? Do I need to order the bulbs from my dealer?
</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Arial,Helvetica,Geneva">All of the gauges are pressure fit into their openings with rubber gaskets. Use a flat-tip screwdriver and pad/protect the dash and carefully pry the gauge out of the opening. Work a little bit on each side and it will eventually come out.

The bulbs are twist-lock style, and remove easily, usually with your fingers or a 1/4 twist of that same flat-tip screwdriver (the back side of the blubs have a slot for this purpose. Since VDO made the gauges for the 964, it's very possible there are some generic bulbs available from an good import car parts shop, or you can just get them from a dealer too.
Old 01-10-2003, 12:07 AM
BaysideC4
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Thanks Robert. I will try to get that speedometer out this weekend and take a look.

Quick Reply: Speedometer light bulb replacement