Sponsored by:

Interior Color Codes?????

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2002, 04:20 PM
Brian Leduc
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Interior Color Codes?????

Could anyone help out with a question regarding interior color codes?

I am having a speaker box built by Rod Birch (Car Audio Inovations). In order to do that, I need to provide the interior color so that the carpet will match.

Rod was kind enough to forward a set of fabric samples, but there are TWO swatches that seem to match, and they look almost identical; Cashmere and Caramel.

My VIN sticker in the Warranty book lists the following for Paint No./Interior:

L700 LC

Unfortunately, I have yet to find any reference to tell me what interior color that is.

Both are listed in the '90 Porsche Dealer Fact Book (I do not have the sales brochure) as available interior colors for a Black '90 C2. Cashmere is listed under "Interior Colors", while Caramel is listed under "Special Leather Interiors".

Further, I believe that I have the "Standard" partial leather seats. As such, my best guess is Cashmere, but I would sure appreciate if someone could point me towards a source for interior color codes.

Beat Regards,

Brian Leduc
Albuquerque
Old 04-15-2002, 10:21 PM
Jay H
Drifting

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Hi Brian:

Mark S. Haab's book entitled "The 1974-1989 911 912E & 930 Porsche" list the 1989 interior colors. It seems a lot of the 1989 colors and fabrics were used for the model year 1990. LC is listed under a main group of Leatherette and then under a subheading entitled Partial Leather with the name of Cashmere Beige. The seats, carpet and side panels are supposed to be Cashmere and the headliner is supposed to be black under this code of LC (it's a weird table, but makes sense).

Caramel is listed under the Special Leather section and shares a code of 98 with other special leather colors.

My understanding of the Standard Partial Leather that you have is just the seat pan and seat back that you actually sit on is leather. The rest of the interior (including the sides of the seats and back of the seats) is leatherette / vinyl.

Hope this helps,
Jay
<a href="http://www.jays911.com" target="_blank">90 964</a>
Old 04-16-2002, 11:14 AM
Brian Leduc
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Great info Jay!

You are correct about the leather and color arrangements in the car; it appears to only be leather on the front of the seats, the rest is either vinyl/leatherette/fake leather, and the headliner and dash are black.

Based on the info I had, I was guessing it would be Cashmere, but I thank you for confirming this.

FTR, I had my wife look at the fabric samples, and she was quite sure it was cashmere beige as well. Of course, she also can tell what a couch will look like be viewing a 2" square fabric sample, but I digress!

Best Regards and Thanks Again!

Brian Leduc

Quick Reply: Interior Color Codes?????