Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Porsche alarm woes (sigh)

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2003 | 11:45 AM
KirkF
Three Wheelin'

Post Porsche alarm woes (sigh)

I am having trouble with the factory porsche alarm system. (North American)

1. After the engine is started it will wait 5 seconds and then lock the doors. Does everyones car do this?
2. When it locks the doors it may or may not kill the ignition. (embarassing)
3. If I open the driver side door at anytime with the key in the ignition in the on position the horn goes off. (very embarassing) Removing the key resets the alarm.

-I previously had an ungo alarm wired in with the factory system which I thought was causing the problem. I thought the ungo was self arming. However I recently replaced it with a viper alarm system and nothing has changed.

-Since I bought the car I have had problems with the battery draining, but I havent had a chance to check what is causing this. I suspect it may be related to the alarm wire which is attached to the stereo. I have read alot of stuff in the archives but it wasn't clear whether this green wire should be grounded, left open or fed positive power to bypass the alarm.

I had an alpine stereo head installed about a month ago. Thats when the doors started self locking. (I hate when cars do things I don't tell them to do)
Just previous to this I removed the passenger seat, removed the sheet metal pan and mounted an alpine amp under the passenger seat. There were I believe two other modules in that area that I was near.

If someone could tell me exactly how the factory system was supposed to operate that would be great. Where is the factory alarm located? under the passenger side seat?

I would also really appreciate the wiring diagram for the alarm installed in the 1989 carrera 4.

Thanx in advance

Kirk

<a href="http://www.kirks-porsche.tk/" target="_blank">http://www.kirks-porsche.tk/</a>
Old 06-13-2003 | 01:46 AM
KirkF
Three Wheelin'

All day and not one person has even told me if their cars automatically lock the doors after they start the engine?

Now I'm sad.

kirk
Old 06-13-2003 | 03:12 AM
John Boggiano
Addict
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

I think everyone assumes there might be different setups out there and don't want to confuse.

FWIW, my (UK) car doesn't have any kind of 'auto-locking' whether speed or engine-start related.
Old 06-13-2003 | 03:50 AM
DaveK
Race Car

The UK alarms are completely different to US (they were fitted locally by Hamilton and Palmer). That's why a lot of the people on the board cannot comment.
Old 06-13-2003 | 05:52 AM
Christer
Race Car

my UK car doesn't do it.
Old 06-13-2003 | 06:00 AM
Roygarth
Three Wheelin'

My UK car doesn't do it.

Piers
1990 C4 Coupe

Quick Reply: Porsche alarm woes (sigh)