Sponsored by:

1990 C4 I think it's finally sorted out

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2003, 11:07 AM
alan911sc
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Post 1990 C4 I think it's finally sorted out

Bought a C4 to replace my totaled SC last August at a very reasonable price and didn't know a thing about it until I found this site and became a Rennlist member. I took some time to sort it out because of my two little guys ( 16 months and 2 1/2 years ) occupying my time. But the list has helped me solve the following:

Oil leak - power steering pump seals replaced and new belt installed.

Climate Control - seized RH blower motor replaced and wrong AC clutch on compressor. Clutch changed with a good used one. Replaced fried ballast resistor on AC condenser and recharged with Duro Cool. Also replaced resistor and temp sensor on rear fan. Used PCA certificate for blower. Also replaced Recirc/defrost button on C.C.U.

Front end shimmy under light braking - warped rotor. Replaced with bargain cross drilled (Porsche) rotors off of eBay.

Leak in Cabrio top - leak in seal on top of windshield frame. Seal had two tears about six inches in on either side. Filled them in with black silicon RTV. Treated top with Wolfsteins Ragg Top. No more leaks.

I did a compression check and routine maintenance- plugs, oil change and filter, air filter, and gas filter.

Things still to do but not right away:

Transmission and front diff fluid change. Plan on doing it next oil change.

Distributor off to Rennsport for new belt.

New plug wires, caps, and rotors.

Needless to say without the help of the people on this site I probably would have gotten rid of the car. And not to mention the money saved by DIY. So here is a special thanks for all of those who helped me out. I hope I will be able to return the favor.
Old 06-09-2003, 09:47 PM
Jack667
Rennlist Member

Received 113 Likes on 60 Posts
Alan -
Glad to hear about your story.

I'll be in Orchard Park for a week around the 4th - maybe we could meet for a quick beer? I'll have my 944, after spending the last weekend in June at Watkins Glen with Zone 1.
Old 06-10-2003, 09:57 AM
alan911sc
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Love to have a quick beer with you if in the neighborhood but bring your swimwear. Opening the pool this week. PM so we can work out specifics if your interested.

Quick Reply: 1990 C4 I think it's finally sorted out