Sponsored by:

Warning Light

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2003, 02:34 PM
Ian964
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Warning Light

The other day my warning light (the big ! ) stayed on after I started the car.

The airbag and the seabelt light are also lit on the clock, but thats it. Any ideas?
Old 06-07-2003, 05:02 PM
andrew911
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The "!" light comes on when any other light is on- it lights to get your attention that another light is on (in case you don't notice the other light on). Don't ask me why the engineers did that (seems like overkill to be), but anyway when the "!" light comes on, you can press the "!" button (by the power door lock and hazard warning light buttons) to turn it off and whatever warning light (or lights) are on will stay on. The "!" button will illuminate red when the "!" light is lit on the dash as well.

Anyway, it sounds like your ABS light caused the "!" to stay on. Once you buckle your seatbelt, the seatbelt light will go out and your ABS light must have stayed on to keep the "!" light on. Press the "!" button to get the annoying "!" light off, and when you can get the ABS light error fixed....you can do a search on this page for the ABS light, as there have been a bunch of posts on it. I can't help you with why that's on, but I know others here can. I would imagine in a worst case, you wouldn't have working ABS, but your brakes would otherwise work fine...

Andrew
Old 06-08-2003, 10:44 AM
Adrian
Addict
Lead Rennlist
Technical Advisor
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
Dear Ian,
You have an airbag system failure. You cannot fix this yourself. You need the Bosch hammer hooked up to the control unit to reset it. Now you have a Turbo so you need the special adapter unit for the airbag system as well.
No matter what you do you cannot get rid of the lights without the Bosch hammer reset. This means a trip to your nearest friendly repair facility with a hammer and adapter unit handy. You can get the fault codes readout and try and fix things yourself if you want. Depends a lot on what the problem is of course.
Ciao,
Adrian
911C4
Old 06-08-2003, 08:03 PM
Ian964
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ahh thanks again Adrain, it seems like your always answering my questions!

I wonder how it could of happened. Everything was fine, and then the next day the lights on. Is this a problem that a lot of people have?

Quick Reply: Warning Light