Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

OT - Fastest Speeding Ticket?

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2002, 04:54 PM
ZAMIRZ
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My dad got a 130 in a 65 on the way to Vegas with my car when he used to own it.

later,

amir '83 SC
Old 10-10-2002, 08:33 PM
BrokeAss
Driver Carries No Cash
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

.....I just got a call from one of my best friends who lives an "undisclosed North Florida" city. My friend drives a Dinan prepared 400HP+ BMW M5 - yeah that car - "The Brute in a Suit"

Seems he was out the other night with another M5 buddy in the passenger seat with a camcorder. They thought it would be a blast to shoot a little video of a top-speed run down the Interstate. Well they dropped the hammer and hit 165mph (video tape rolling) laughing their merry *ss'es off the whole time. Seems they blew the doors off an unmarked police car who attempted to give chase. There was no way in heaven or hell that he could keep up, but he did manage to get a glance at his plate.

Guess who was waiting in his driveway when my good friend got home? You know it - one very pissed off doughnut muncher! He got read the riot act, but in the end couldn't do anything!

Without a radar detector, police video or some other means to back up his story it would only be a "he said" situation. My friend didn't even get a warning! Just a stern *ss chewing! I hope they never get the video that the passenger shot! (P.S. it'll be available on MPEG real soon - trust me on this! ...and I promise to give you all the URL!)

I'm sure the stories not over yet. You can bet the cops in his neighborhood are going find some reason to bust his ***** over something sooner or later. A Dinan badged M5 with a custom license plate has a strange way of standing out in a crowd.
Old 10-10-2002, 08:35 PM
GeoC2cab
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
High Tom,
A'int no secret its something we all have,,,LUCK,
just depends on how good, how bad, how much, and where you gotta use it, your situation sounds a lot like mine although i was puhing the envolope a little harder, Mr. big bad state park police thought he teach me a lesson and give me a spanking... we'll see how i do after court on Nov.21. 8 points is a hard shot to take for 63 mph.
Old 10-11-2002, 03:00 AM
Jeff Curtis
Race Car

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
My GOD Michael!

It's not the indication on the speedo that scares me...it's the "kahunas" it must've took to snap that picture at that speed! ...or did someone else snap it for you?

I have a picture of when my 944 turned 100K on I-80/90 going through Ohio (years ago)...made it a point to get it up to 100MPH right when the odometer turned over...thought that was pretty cool.

Still have those pics...somewhere.
Old 10-11-2002, 02:05 PM
Jim Michaels
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Jeff:

There was no claim that the speedo picture was taken on the trip described. Safer to take pictures like that at the dyno.
Old 10-11-2002, 03:37 PM
Mr Michael B

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 66 Likes on 55 Posts
Arrow

Jim,

Yeah, I guess it would have been safer to take that picture on the dyno... But that would apply that I am a puss.

That pic was performed on asphalt while I was driving, alone... (but pursued by a Boxster S and a 996 & Audi A4) .

Of course it was not taken when I received the big ticket. Both bits are real, but I combined them for humor sake.

I was doing maybe 80 when I got the 175 MPH ticket. That is how the Taurus caught me of course (which explains why the Judge tossed out the case).

No offence taken by the way. I guess most people would just assume things like this big speed could only be done in a way that would make sense to them.

Be safe out there people.
Old 10-14-2002, 06:21 PM
Jgordon
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A friend of the family got a ticket for going 184 mph on the Long Island Expressway very late one night in a Testarossa. He argued with the cop -- that he had been going over 200! When the cop went to arrest him, he called a friend of his (cheif of police) and walked away. He showed me the ticket, and I was impressed.

Jared

Quick Reply: OT - Fastest Speeding Ticket?