Harness install - need help

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2005, 09:02 AM
burgass
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Harness install - need help

Does anybody know where I can purchase this part?
Attached Images  
Old 06-19-2005, 11:34 AM
craig001
Drifting

Received 74 Likes on 56 Posts

Go to the B-K Krause website and then see if they list retailers. If not then I'm sure Pelican Parts, OG Racing, Pararon, or some other Rennlist sponsor carries the parts. Or you could try the Paltz Mall.
Old 06-19-2005, 01:26 PM
Jeff Curtis
Race Car

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Are you referring to the bolt, the silver "D-ring" or the black threaded piece that allows you to bolt your inner seatbelt (female) receivers to if upgrading to a different seat??

If referring to the attachment that allows you to bolt your tunnel side seatbelt receivers to, there are a few options:

If upgrading to a ONE-PIECE racing bucket, use Brey Kraus' new seat brackets, they have a "bung" incorporated into the design that is designed specifically for this function. If upgrading to say a Recaro SRD or RS America type seat, that is a factory part, I can send you one to see if it'll workout for your application...I bought two of them last year and have yet to incorporate them as I have grown accustomed to just using my harnesses.

If you are interested in the "D" type ring that the lapbelt for the harness is attached to via a snaphook, BK makes both an inboard and outboard kit for the 964/993/996/997 as it's a pain in the **** to mount harnesses with a factory or aftermarket seat.

You should at least buy the BK outboard hooks, those mount in the inside of the door sill where your factory seatbelts attach and allow you to use snaphooks to hold the outboard lapbelts.

Whether or not you would buy the inboard hooks from BK depends on what kind of seat you are using...enlighten us as to that an I'll give you advice that could save you HOURS of heartache and some $$$$$$$ too!

FWIW, I've been through it ALL with regards to placing harnesses in a 964 and now a 997 chassis, as my friend is battling the same "NO CLEARANCE" demons with his 997...so maybe I can help you out.
Old 06-19-2005, 02:07 PM
burgass
Addict
Rennlist Member

Thanks Jeff!!
I am referring to the silver "D-ring". I know about Brey Kraus but it will take time to get them to Europe. I am trying to fit a Corbeau Sprint XL and I am having lots of problems in all directions!!!!
I am thinking of using this D-ring on both sides of the bucket seat. Saves a lot of space. Maybe I can also use such a ring from a old seat belt
Which parts/brackets do you have and want to sell? I have the factory bracket (picture) which mounts between the sliders and the side brackets.
I wonder if you have any idea how high are the Recaro low profile sliders ?
I am rubbing the roof with the helmet when using Sparco sliders.
Cheers
Attached Images   
Old 06-19-2005, 02:57 PM
Jeff Curtis
Race Car

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

The Recaro low-profile sliders are what you need...along with the BK side mount brackets...I am probably going to drill another couple of holes in mine when I get them setup as I'm a bit over 6ft. tall and have helmet clearance issues as well.

I may give up on the whole slider idea on the driver's side if I continue to have clearance issues, but the solution an acquaintance of mine has in his Ruf RCT (C4 Turbo, bought in Italy) is a pair of Recaro Pole Positions with their low profile sliders and side mounts, you sit soooo low in the car it's incredible.

The factory pieces you have pictured are what I have, but have never tried using them.

I have another couple of custom made pieces that I want to try to implement one more time before giving up on them...they are HIGH quality pieces made by a fellow Rennlister who claims he will not make anymore.

If you want me to acquire and ship a set of the BK sidemounts, let me know...you can take that piece you have pictured, chop off the lower part and weld to one of your sliders...or talk to FVD/Recaro and get the sliders that have that "bung" incorporated so that you can still us your factory seatbelts.

You really need to get a pair of the BK OUTBOARD mounts, no matter what...with EVERY combination I've tried over the last few years, those always came into play and I have yet to remove them.
Old 06-19-2005, 06:14 PM
burgass
Addict
Rennlist Member

Thanks Jeff
The 1 000 000 $ question is how low the Recaro sliders are? I saw a pair of Recaro sliders that where 20mm high which is only 4 mm less than normal Sparco. I do not know if they were the low model, they looked different but if that is the case then these 4 mm are a bit expensive - 70 $ more than Sparco. I have found big difference in side mounts also - you can really win some inches by choosing ones with more and lower drilled side holes
I am not sure which BK sidemounts you mean.. My seat is XL which offsets the outer sides some 4 cm more and is a bit more than the Evo 2 seat. The R 9061 looks OK on the picture but it very much depends on the "lenght" of the sliders mounting holes I will check some more and if dimensions are right I will contact you for some help to acquire the products. That way I will be sure that I get the right products and I dont have to ship them back and forth
Will check also with Recaro about the height of the sliders and inform you .
Cheers

Quick Reply: Harness install - need help