Sponsored by:

964 center dash air ventilation

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2005, 05:13 PM
bhensarl
Jarhead
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just so you guys know, my left center blows lots of cold air and the right side hardly blows any. Sounds like this is a bit of a trend.
Brian
Old 06-17-2005, 06:03 PM
DarrylH
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bhensarl
Just so you guys know, my left center blows lots of cold air and the right side hardly blows any. Sounds like this is a bit of a trend.
Brian
Ditto. (Well, maybe not "lots" of cold air - but waaay more than the right half.) More "character"...
Old 06-18-2005, 12:30 PM
jimq
Burgled
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Ok looked real close today with a high powered light and it looks like the center vents are feed off the same tube or whatever its called. It looks to me to be a screwed up design and the air is taking the quickest and easiest route out as it is deflected by the plastic piece between the 2 openings into the left side. Looks like the fix is to close the left one a bit and maybe force more air around the obstruction to the right side. In other words looks like a "deal with it" thing.
Old 06-19-2005, 04:59 PM
frankvan
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm not entirely sure why there are two fans and two heat mixing flaps ("servos") for the HVAC system on these cars as there is only one temp control (no driver/passenger independent controls like M-B or newer audi's) and they appear to feed into a common outflow plenum. From my investigations the defrost and the centre dash vents come from common sources - that is they aren't seperated left and right. My defrost seems to blow stronger on the drivers side (left) but I can pass a wire through from the right side to the left side vents - ie, not seperated! Makes me think one fan is blowing stronger than the other and is directionally flowing to the left...

I haven't been able to figure out if the outer left and right dash vents are seperated or if the floor heaters are seperated left and right (so as to receive air from the two seperate fans?).

Has anyone removed the entire HVAC system to see what the ducting is doing???
Old 09-23-2005, 02:21 PM
Jeremy Cottrell
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Put another one on the list for no right side center vent air. Any luck yet?
Old 05-14-2009, 07:24 PM
jimq
Burgled
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Damn JD I was just getting ready to order from him

Quick Reply: 964 center dash air ventilation