Sponsored by:

Cabrio top adjustment

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2005, 08:11 AM
pjc
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Question Cabrio top adjustment

A fellow Porschephile has a 964 cabrio and has told me that when putting the roof up it will occasionally go over the top of the front screen and he has to use the motors to move it back and forwards a couple of times before it picks up the latches.

Anyone else had this problem - is there a fix or something to be lived with?

PJC
Old 06-10-2005, 09:40 AM
Sire
Racer

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

I've just lt got a new roof, but what i understand is that you must adjust it at the right and left side, behind the left and right side. And its hard to do by youre self. But he im not a expert. So wait for more advice.
Old 06-10-2005, 10:14 AM
garrett376
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 563 Likes on 430 Posts

Hi PJC - yes, there is a fix, and you should not live with it since your friend is at risk for a fairly expensive repair should a motor, cable, or support arm fail. It sounds like the adjustment needs to be done at the back, where the aluminum support is bolted to the chassis - next to where the seatbelt hanger is attached. You can see the bolts in the pics below (you don't need to reflect the cabrio top to get them - just reach them from within the car). You need to loosen all 4 (only three are shown in the pic below) on both sides, then reposition the top so it lines up better, all while being parked on a level surface. This is a good time to check the tightness of all the bolts holding the transmissions in place - these might be loose and responsible for the periodic misalignment. Mine were loose and caused a $500 support arm to break!

Hope that helps
Attached Images   
Old 06-11-2005, 03:45 AM
Jerry Garwick
Racer

Location: Prather, California: somewhere in the middle of the State
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Amen on proper adjustment! The first day after I bought my wife's C2 cab the main aluminum support broke due to a cable failure. I'm both a pretty savy and cheap guy and I took the top apart and had the support welded by a local. Cost 80 bucks. I soon became an expert on cabriolet adjustments. I had new cables fabricated by a local agriculture equipment company for reasonable cost and made sure the top adjustments were proper. The top works perfectly now, but since this is CENTRAL CALIFORNIA I take it down in May and put it up in October. Life is truely good.
Old 11-03-2009, 05:13 PM
mauro6569
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello guys. This is my first post and I offer my congratulations to all of you for the wonderful forum.
I have a problem: On my 964 cabriolet was replaced on top, then disassembled and then reassembled.
Now I have a problem of alignment of the mechanism and regulation.
There is a detailed guide with pictures where it is shown how to adjust?
I look forward to in your response.
Thanks
Old 11-03-2009, 06:04 PM
Chimera
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

See here:

https://rennlist.com/forums/964-foru...fun-begin.html

Doc

Quick Reply: Cabrio top adjustment