Finn

"it's better to be a FLAMER for
a moment than a SPECTATOR for life"

Old 03-27-2003, 10:48 AM
Ruairidh
Super Guru
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica">Originally posted by Randall G.:
<strong>Hey Ruairidh .... can you point us towards which threads have the action going on?</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica">Hi Randall, sure

<a href="http://forums.rennlist.com/forums/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=3;t=008280" target="_blank">Porsche 996 for $500.00 </a>

and

<a href="http://forums.rennlist.com/forums/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=3;t=008219" target="_blank">Question for 993er's </a>

The second thread opens with some adverse comments on the 993 interior - I don't know but one of the pleasures to me of 911 ownership is the classic (901-911-964-993)interior so I guess it proves again one half of the world just doesn't understand the pleasures of the other.

Christer - I knew we could count on you to soothe those heated waters (and educate at the same time too - pretty cool!)

Ciao
Old 03-27-2003, 12:48 PM
Flying Finn
King of Cool
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica">Originally posted by Christer:
<strong>Finn

"it's better to be a FLAMER for
a moment than a SPECTATOR for life"

</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica">Oh yes!
Old 03-28-2003, 04:46 AM
Christer
Race Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Smile

On a slightly different note, one of my best mates has had a couple of rides in my car over the least year or so. He was shall we say quite complimentary about the level of performance... Shortly after this, he started looking at 911's as a serious candidate for his next car. Coincidence?

Last night, he purchased a Silver 996 C2 - 1998 with 42k miles. The engine was totally rebuilt at a cost of £9500 under warranty about 6 months and 500 miles ago. He prefers the looks of the 996 which I can respect.

We went out for a drive last night and it was the first time I have spent any serious time in the 996. My main observation is that the 996 is totally different to my car, I mean completely alien. It has the agile front of course, but the sound and feel is completely different. He didn't push it as he hasn't got to know the car yet but it does have a reasonable turn of speed when accelerating. The ride is definitely softer than my car. I was surprised at the lack of room inside, as the external dimensions make the car seem a lot bigger than a 964. From the passenger seat it felt big on the road as well. I am looking forward to driving it at some stage so I can really feel how it comes together with clutch, steering, gearshift and brakes. I am sure he will have alot of fun in the car, especially as his personal choice was a 996 - so I think it is right for him. I still prefer mine. Phew!

Quick Reply: 996 and 993 owners.........