Radio Antenna Amplifier

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2003, 01:27 AM
Eric Kessel
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 55 Likes on 34 Posts
Post Radio Antenna Amplifier

Finally got around to fixing my radio reception problem. I figured this might help someone... someday...

On my US 90 C2, the antenna was disconnected from the booster. I was able to get to the amplifier from under the front hood, at the passenger side, by disconnecting the hood shock, and removing the hood hinge (held open with a piece of wood under the latch, and lots of shop towels to keep the hood from scratching anything)

After that, you can reach (if you have small hands), the little black box that is bolted to the outside wall. It has a very small wire with a little fitting pointed towards the middle of the car, and is bolted to the car with one yellowish nut. The antenna lead from the windshield can be disconnected from the amplifier box.

The power, and antenna lead to the radio are solderer into the amplifier.

If you need to replace the antenna lead, if you remove the ac/heater duct that is right in your way (pops right out of both ends), you can then reach along the antenna/power lead bundle, and will feel a tie wrap type holder, which will keep you from pulling the antenna lead out. You can unclip the holder. Then pull out the grommet from inside the car, and the antenna lead can then be pulled out smoothly (tie a string to leave some way to pull the new cable through... you can't reach the hole in the firewall.....).

-Eric

Quick Reply: Radio Antenna Amplifier