Notices
964 Forum 1989-1994
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

All ignition wires plus coils OUT!!!...OMFG...

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2005 | 09:00 AM
Rennen
Burning Brakes

Talking All ignition wires plus coils OUT!!!...OMFG...

...what a pisser that is. All the disassembly required for the 30K except the valve covers PLUS a bunch of additional top-side disassembly to get the wires out. Holy crap was that not a whole lot of fun.

Well, regardless, just waiting for the wires & coils to arrive via FedEx and I'll start reassembly this afternoon. Assuming all goes as planned, I'll have the sucker back together by late evening and I'll make my DE tech session tomorrow with fresh wires and coils.

One quick question on wire routing. I pulled the passenger (long) wires out and I didn't note if the wires for #5 and #6 were crossed. What I'm asking is does the wire for #6 run out underneath the intake runner for #5 and vice versa, and then cross over on top of the valve cover to plug into their respective plugs? Would someone mind checking for me if you don't know off hand?
Old 05-27-2005 | 09:03 AM
Heirsh
Burning Brakes

I can go check during my lunch hr if noone else helps you by then.

Yeah thats a job I'll be doing soon myself. Gonna be a barrel of fun.
Old 05-27-2005 | 10:24 AM
Wachuko
Professor of Pending Projects
Rennlist Member

Oh carp!, I left the car today at home and took the R32... I can check but it will have to be during lunch time as well...
Old 05-27-2005 | 01:41 PM
Dunasso
Burning Brakes

Hey guess what? I'm off today and just happened to be changing the air filter when I came in to get a drink. Sat down and read this post.

For the secondary dist.
It appears that the 5 and 6 wire cross at the dist. before the first clip and and are layed out across the back of the fan schroud going under the main body of the intake assembly. The first clip goes from top to bottom 4,5,6. Second clip top to bottom 4,5,6. Then the wires separate but do not cross. #4 runs between intake 4 and 5. #5 runs between intake 5 and 6. #6 runs behind intake 6.

For the primary dist. The wires run off all togather 4, 5, 6 and continue over the top of the fan down into the tin and out the bottom to the 4, 5, 6 plugs.

Duncan
Old 05-27-2005 | 01:48 PM
Dunasso
Burning Brakes

Sorry, for the primary I meant to say 4, 6, 5 come off the dist in that order from closest to you to farthest away. They go over the fan, through a plastic cover, then two clips and 5 and 6 cross under the car.

Quick Reply: All ignition wires plus coils OUT!!!...OMFG...