Sponsored by:

Stolen 964 Turbo

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2002, 02:15 PM
Brian Leduc
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Stolen 964 Turbo

I am posting this for someone I know of through one of my other pursuits (guitar). I saw this first posted on an autocross list.

Anything that can be done to spread the word is a good thing.

Please respond to Mike directly at:

Fulltone@aol.com

Stolen from Marina del Rey, CA (West los Angeles) 3/2/02

964 Turbo 964/911
Black on Black:18K miles
Brand new Bridgestone 03's, Passport SR-1 front and rear radar (rear detector on rear window shelf between ADS speakers) Small Harley Davidson sticker dead center rear window. Easy spot from rear:
Driver's side rear "guiding arm" axle is newer than passenger hence more silver, replaced after side impact to rear section. Factory Barcode missing from driver's door frame only (present in
all other compartments)

Michael Fuller / President
Fulltone Musical Products Inc.
4220 Glencoe Ave.
Marina Del Rey, CA 90292
310.821.4500 fax-821.4511
Old 04-04-2002, 01:49 AM
Jeff Curtis
Race Car

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Brian, I thought this post was worthy enough to "bump" back to the top of the forum via a reply...so here ya go!

I'm happy to see that you've provided very precise details that could assist someone in identifying this piece of art...I hope your friend gets his Turbo back!!

I used to live in San Diego...and I know where a lot of these cars wind up going...it's a shame.

Please let us know the turnout.
Old 04-04-2002, 11:22 AM
Brian Leduc
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for the bump.

The details were taken directly from a post on Team.net, which is an autocross mailing list, and that was actually taken from a Porsche list somewhere.

The owner is a manufacturer of guitar products (effects boxes, for those that play). I actually own one of his products, so I immediately recognized the name when I saw the post.

I found it mildly amusing that he and are both Porsche guys and Guitar guys. Dual geekdom, I guess!

Amazing power, this internet thing, eh?

I was in San Diego a couple weeks ago for the SCCA National Tour autocross. It is held at Jack Murphy Stadium (sorry, I refuse to use corporate stadium names!).

Almost every year, someone has their car either broken into or stolen. This year, a good friend had his car broken into at his hotel.

We were chatting with another associate who lives in SoCal, and I commented about the frequency of incidents in San Diego. Her reply was that it was not a "San Diego Thing" but a "Southern California Thing".

No offense to anyone in SoCal. I actually consider San Diego to be the garden spot of the USA.

Regards,

BL

Quick Reply: Stolen 964 Turbo