Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Factory additional front oil cooler kit

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2002 | 11:45 AM
Cupcar
Rennlist Member

Question Factory additional front oil cooler kit

Porsche makes a front oil cooler kit for the 964 3.8 RSR that installs a second oil cooler. This additional cooler is identical to the original right side cooler and is installed on the left in place of the A/C condenser. Has anyone experience installing this kit or seen it's installation on an RSR?
Old 03-27-2002 | 04:58 AM
Adrian
Addict
Lead Rennlist
Technical Advisor
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

Talking

Such an installation (not in a RSR though) is described in my book. I realise that this is not the right time for you, but when it comes out (still do not have a fixed date) you will be able to see this installation in all its glory,
Ciao,
Adrian
911C4
Old 03-27-2002 | 10:11 AM
Robert Linton
Race Car

The installation is not a complicated one. Why do you think you need the additional cooling?
Old 03-27-2002 | 05:44 PM
Cupcar
Rennlist Member

I have removed my fan and installed the Carrera Cup duct plate to the cooler and have no real problem in Time Trials during 20 minute track sessions. The only times I actually do have a problem is at Autocross events where I have to exit the track and wait in line for my next run. At these times the temp tends to rise a little more than I like because there is no fan and car is not moving. So my options are to replace the fan or add back the weight in the form of an extra cooler which will guarantee I will never have a problem. In my situation, I'll take the cooler (which in terms of bench racing bragging rights is also, as they say: "cooler"). My car has no A/C and is a set up for it.
Old 03-28-2002 | 03:27 AM
Steve in the UK
Instructor

Cupcar

Have you spken to Gert at <a href="http://www.carnewal.com" target="_blank">www.carnewal.com</a> he sells the kit for the 993 extra cooler(I would'nt be surprised if it's the same for the 964) and may have knowledge of how it is installed. He also had a kit he was trying to shift at a red hot price recently.

Steve

Quick Reply: Factory additional front oil cooler kit