Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rear blower is not running

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2005, 02:59 PM
DaveK
Race Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes - just fixed it. I did what I should have done yesterday - checked for 12V at the motor connection (although to be fair, if I'd done it before posting here I would have found no voltage because the ballast resistor had tripped out).

So - I figured motor was dead. Pulled it out, and thought I had better check the connections (considering Eric's post) - and sure enough, both connectors were unplugged.

Plugged them back in and surprise surprise, blower now works.

The very strange part is that these connectors were very tight to get back on - tight enough that there is no way they would have both fallen off so I have to believe they were unplugged manually. I can't imagine why - since the motor connector is mounted on the fan unit anyway - but I'm inclined to think that's what happened.

Very strange - but happy it's fixed.

Thanks for all the suggestions. Without them, I would have reconnected the motor and found it still didn't work due to the tripped resistor.

Oh - and just for info - after plugging it back in and making sure it worked, I pulled the connector Kevin mentioned and even with ignition off, motor starts up.
Old 05-17-2005, 03:19 PM
warmfuzzies
Drifting

Received 25 Likes on 10 Posts

w00t one in the bag........

glad you got it fixed Dave, these little moments of satisfaction when fixing faults are worth their weight in gold.....

kevin.

Quick Reply: Rear blower is not running