Sponsored by:

Total911 Magazine

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2005, 02:28 PM
johnfm
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Doug

proof reading - its the bane of our lives!!! You read, re-read and re-read again...and you still miss bloody obvious errors!! I blame the word to PDF converter!!!

Glad to hear copies have landed in the US so quickly - it literally only hit UK bookstores yesterday!
Old 05-13-2005, 02:47 PM
Doug&Julie
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Yeah, I was pleased with the speed of delivery myself! After hearing about the Mother Country's deliveries, I figured it would be about a week or so before I saw mine. Nope!

By the way...I got two issues...I mean two copies of the first issue with a slighty different cover. Should I have? ...I mean, cool, because now I'll put one in the "collectors mylar wrapper" and leave one out to thumb through all month.

Like I said...looking forward to the next issues!

Old 05-13-2005, 02:57 PM
Kahdmus
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Reading these impressions I am now simply chomping at the bit to get my issue! I'll call around again over the weekend!
Old 05-13-2005, 03:05 PM
johnfm
Drifting

Doug

the 'other issue' is a special edition for early subscribers. Slightly different cover - notice the price?
Old 05-13-2005, 03:08 PM
Doug&Julie
Addict
Rennlist Member

Ah...cool. Did not notice the price? I'm sure I will tonight!
Old 05-13-2005, 04:56 PM
Mike Carr
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bought my copy from Smiths in Nottingham yesterday morning. Must have just been put in the rack as there were about a dozen pristine copies waiting to be snapped up!
Impressions: I liked the cover, made it stand out from the crowd! The photography in general was stunning. My favourite article was the group test but would have appreciated some more in depth analysis on the performance/handling of each car. And just how did the 964 C2 manage a quicker lap time than the 964 RS despite having a lower top speed - was it all down to tyres? Also the technical articles were excellent - more please! I missed the classified ads - is this a policy or just the result of being the first issue?
Overall a great start, my only problem, to subscribe or place an order with my newsagent!

Mike.
Old 05-13-2005, 05:21 PM
Total911 Magazine
Instructor

Thanks again for all the feedback - much appreciated.

Regarding classifieds; we made a decision not to run them. These days there are so many excellent web resources for buying/selling cars, why mess up a magazine with scruffy ads?

Cheers

Phil
Old 05-13-2005, 08:26 PM
Wikkid911
Remarkable
Rennlist Member

Nice mag, great photos. Thought that blue 964RS looked fantastic. Any shots of it standing still anywhere?, i'd love a closer look at the wheels. The RUF story was good too. Still got a bit more to get through but so far well done.
Old 05-14-2005, 06:23 PM
Total911 Magazine
Instructor

Originally Posted by Wikkid911
Nice mag, great photos. Thought that blue 964RS looked fantastic. Any shots of it standing still anywhere?, i'd love a closer look at the wheels. The RUF story was good too. Still got a bit more to get through but so far well done.
I don't think the owner of that RS does 'standing still'
Old 05-16-2005, 08:43 AM
Doug&Julie
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by johnfm
- notice the price?
Old 05-16-2005, 09:04 AM
robmug
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike Carr
Bought my copy from Smiths in Nottingham yesterday morning. Must have just been put in the rack as there were about a dozen pristine copies waiting to be snapped up!
Impressions: I liked the cover, made it stand out from the crowd! The photography in general was stunning. My favourite article was the group test but would have appreciated some more in depth analysis on the performance/handling of each car. And just how did the 964 C2 manage a quicker lap time than the 964 RS despite having a lower top speed - was it all down to tyres? Also the technical articles were excellent - more please! I missed the classified ads - is this a policy or just the result of being the first issue?
Overall a great start, my only problem, to subscribe or place an order with my newsagent!

Mike.
Mike - to respond to your questions on the group test, the 964RS was hugely hampered in the wet by it's semi-slick tyres. In the dry, it was giving the GT3RS a run for its money.

To see more of the data, we have put the AX22 datalogger data on our website (downloads area) so you can have a look at the laps for each car.
Old 05-16-2005, 09:16 AM
Johnny G Pipe
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 44 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by johnfm
Johnny G

re: private plate - its not the owners reg number. The car's owner didn't want their reg number on show. The X 911 X plate is mine - my wife bought it for my last birthday
I meant that the plate's physical presence is 'in your face', of course, not, its content! I could do with my wife getting some Birthday hints from yours..

(That fan over-ride mod is up and running like a dream, btw..thanks alot!)
Old 05-16-2005, 09:59 AM
johnfm
Drifting

Johhny

glad the bypass worked. Hope you like the mag. BTW, how did that seatbelt incident resolve itself?
Old 05-16-2005, 10:10 AM
tonytaylor
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by robmug
Mike - to respond to your questions on the group test, the 964RS was hugely hampered in the wet by it's semi-slick tyres. In the dry, it was giving the GT3RS a run for its money.

Interesting comments regarding the tyres; The GT3RS uses Pirrelli Corsas which are a track orientated tyres. IIRC Adrian uses Dunlop DO1Js. I suspect the stiffer set up of the RS cars along with the track type tyres did give the standard C2 an advantage if it was very wet. My own C2 was faster in the wet when more stock than it is now. I guess there would have been a greater differential in the dry.
Old 05-16-2005, 09:49 PM
Ruairidh
Super Guru
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Mine came on Friday - haven't had chance to do much 'xcept look at Rob and John's articles. Instand initial impressions are very favorable - looks & feels good.

Quick Reply: Total911 Magazine