Quick battery disconnect - bypass fuse?

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2005, 10:07 PM
SonnyV
Addict
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Question Quick battery disconnect - bypass fuse?

Hi all,

I want to put in a quick (screw type) battery disconnect on my Turbo, which I don't drive all the time. This the device with a screw type connection that connects to the Positive post. If the screw is removed the car will not able to start.

The question is along with the kit (about $20), there is an option for a bypass fuse with the kit, what is this bypass fuse for? I have checked around that there really isn't any explaination for the optional bypass fuse.

Thanks,

Sonny
Old 05-09-2005, 11:23 PM
DarrylH
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SonnyV
... what is this bypass fuse for? I have checked around that there really isn't any explaination for the optional bypass fuse. ...
I think the idea is that it carries enough current to keep the radio memory and clock going but won't allow the car to be started due to the much higher current demands. I have the simple kind w/o the bypass, so I just reset the clock each time and enter the anti-theft code for the radio. Just takes a minute. But some radios also lose their station memory (mine doesn't) which would be a lot more of a nuisance. Someone else might chime in with their experience?
Old 05-10-2005, 03:47 PM
tafkai

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i think your right darryl !!!!

Quick Reply: Quick battery disconnect - bypass fuse?