Notices
964 Forum 1989-1994
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How easy is it to adjust the brake pedal?

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2005, 11:42 PM
bhensarl
Jarhead
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by garrett376
whew... I was thinking that so-called "service" sure did a lot more than maintenance!!!
Now Marc, conveniently failing to mention somewhat unnecessary mods and upgrades to one's significant other; that is understandable. But withholding from the group? Now, there I must draw the line. Come on! The car's black, you've been telling us all about how much you love the new pedals, that one's gotta be yours! It's okay, really. We accept you for who you are. One sliding headlong down the slope. Welcome to the group. No one will judge you here...
Brian
Old 05-02-2005, 11:43 PM
JasonAndreas
Technical Guru
Rennlist Member

Received 112 Likes on 90 Posts

You can change the brake pedal height by adjusting the push rod behind the clutch pedal. Just remember to check your brake lights and adjust the switch accordingly. Now if I could only figure out how to hook these up to my pedal assembly, only $731USD.

Old 05-03-2005, 02:38 AM
Andy Roe
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm not too keen on all the aftermarket pedals that are aluminium. Anyone know of a "winged" black plastic one?
Old 05-03-2005, 07:21 AM
Rennen
Burning Brakes

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Here are the black ones I put in my car. You can get them here.

Old 05-03-2005, 07:44 AM
JW Hubbers
Pro

Originally Posted by CraigyB
Once saw someone solve this by sticking a block of wood/plastic material to the top of the accelerator, crude but effective...
That might have been me

The reasoning behind it is here. Quite some time later I'm still very satisfied with it

Oh, and the wood has been screwed on, not stuck or glued Wouldn't want it to come off accidentally

Cheers,

JW

Last edited by JW Hubbers; 05-03-2005 at 11:23 AM.
Old 05-03-2005, 11:15 AM
Marc Shaw
Super Duper Moderator
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

I bought the race set (in black) and really like it. I got the standard black pedal shown in the photo above but replaced it with the fully adjustable one in black and it is great. I use the smaller lower wing as a larger one comes with it too but I found it too large with my size 11 feet.

Brian - honest - I'm not holding out. The car is the photo looks really nice (like the look of the steering wheel too) but it is not mine. I wouldn't hold out on the group like that -- you people are the only ones who can understand why a US$250 accelerator pedal is a "necessary" purchase.

Marc
Old 05-03-2005, 11:28 AM
CraigyB

Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JW Hubbers
That might have been me

The reasoning behind it is here. Quite some time later I'm still very satisfied with it

Oh, and the wood has been screwed on, not stuck or glued Wouldn't want it to come off accidentally

Cheers,

JW
Yeah JW, I'm sure it was now. Anyhow that gets my vote !
Here's an idea, try painting the wooden block add a logo or manufacture out of some exotic material, then sell for $100 !
Old 05-03-2005, 11:33 AM
JW Hubbers
Pro

Originally Posted by CraigyB
Yeah JW, I'm sure it was now. Anyhow that gets my vote !
Here's an idea, try painting the wooden block add a logo or manufacture out of some exotic material, then sell for $100 !
Good idea!

This piece of wood was supposed to be a proof-of-concept/prototype to see if I wanted it any thicker/thinner or wider/narrower. As it turns out this feels just right, and I never got round to taking it out again and painting it black

By now I've gotten used to it, and I can't be bothered to invest the time in cosmetics

Cheers,

JW

Quick Reply: How easy is it to adjust the brake pedal?