Notices
964 Forum 1989-1994
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

For those with stickers on your speedo...

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2005, 07:53 AM
Jim Howley
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default For those with stickers on your speedo...

Seeing as there has been a bit of discussion about this in the South East Meet thread I thought I'd post this in case any of you are interested. I know of someone that reprints the clock faces (in any colour you want) and I know that in the past he has reprinted KPH speedo's with MPH instead (but marked in the correct locations) to save on a costly conversion.

I cannot say how accurate they are as I have not had a chance to speak with him directly yet but if people were interested I could make a call and find out. Cost is about £50 per face.
Old 04-28-2005, 08:13 AM
Andy Roe
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Jim,

I'd be interested. Especially if he can do a KPH speedo, but the MPH(smaller) too - ie reverse to what normal UK speedo's are like.

How easy is it to replace the face?

Andy
Old 04-28-2005, 08:27 AM
DaveK
Race Car

One comment :

The dreadful 4x4 I had was a Jap import, and that had a replacement face. The one noticeable thing about it was that the markers / digits on it were MUCH brighter than the other instruments (e.g. tacho etc) - I guess because it was not OEM, the digits / markers were more transparent.

If it doesn't bother you, it's not a problem - but maybe something to bear in mind.

Just to show how much things cost when they are for Porsche - I think the 4x4 ones cost about £12 each!
Old 04-28-2005, 10:33 AM
Jim Howley
Burning Brakes

Andy,

As far as I know it's not very easy to DIY a face change, apparantly you need to roll the ring off the front somehow.
Old 04-28-2005, 10:40 AM
Marc Shaw
Super Duper Moderator
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

I have not done it myself but have read of a few articles (and threads here) where people mucked up their speedo's trying to do it. It is apparently not easy to do.

Quick Reply: For those with stickers on your speedo...