Sponsored by:

Damned Cabrio Top...

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2003, 10:06 PM
BarryG
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Damned Cabrio Top...

I have had my current Porsche for about 1 year. Mechanically it has been great, the top has ben a nightmare. I had over 1500.00 worth of work done on it in this time. I have used it less than 15 times in the year I have had it and it has failed to close correctly half the time. It goes up and down ok...it always as problems with the latching part. Is there a replacement part that can make this a manual clamp down process? I am REALLY frustrated!
Old 05-23-2003, 09:21 AM
Peter H
Track Day

Barry, it is worth doing a keyword "Search" of earlier 964 forums regarding the cab top as there have been a few exchanges about the latching not working. I was involved in one myself a few months ago.

Although I haven't tried it, you can manually lock and unlock the front latches by inserting and turning a screwdriver in the two holes on either side of the front edge of the top that are visible from the driver's seat with the top at the latching position. I'm not sure whether it uses a standard or phillips head (i.e. "star")screwdriver.

Peter
Old 05-25-2003, 10:02 AM
BarryG
Advanced

I would really like to find out if they make a manual release and latch mechanism for the top. I'm on pace to drive the car 8000 miles per year and spend $4000 per year on the top. Yikes! Hmmm Beetle Convertible is starting to look better and better....
Old 05-25-2003, 12:36 PM
Lorenfb
Race Car

Received 61 Likes on 54 Posts
Your cab top control unit is bad or the switches
in the locking motors are bad.

Check out this website (systemsc.com).
They rebuild the cab units.

Lorenfb@aol.com

Quick Reply: Damned Cabrio Top...