Sponsored by:

Auto Transport Recommedation

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2002, 12:11 AM
bykerboy
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Auto Transport Recommedation

I need to make arrangements to ship a C2 from the SF Bay Area to Detroit Michigan. Can anyone recommend a good carrier? I used someone (who shall remain nameless) to ship my C5 to CA from the East Coast last year and it was a disaster!

Thanks for the help!
Old 07-08-2002, 11:55 AM
Eric in Chicago
Three Wheelin'

Received 51 Likes on 12 Posts
Intercity is a very good company to deal with. Shipped my 993 form SF to Chicago. I was very impressed with service and communications. What you want to avoid is a company that does not do it's own hauling. There are haulers out there that take you money and put you car on someone else's trailer. Jump over to the 993 fourm and see B-line's sad story using a shipping co. that gave his car to someone else to transport. Who ever you choose, make sure they own and drive their own trucks and will bring the car to you not a depot.

The plot thickens thread on 993 board
Old 07-08-2002, 11:30 PM
bykerboy
AutoX

The scenario you described is exactly what happened with my C5 which was shipped from New York to CA. They subbed out the shipping to an independent. My car showed up two weeks late and for a good part of that time no one, including the shipper knew where it was.

Thanks for the recommendation.
Old 07-08-2002, 11:52 PM
Ruairidh
Super Guru
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Hey BykerBoy, why are you shipping to Detroit? It is a wee bit different to the Bay Area!!!!

You might check out the thread below re: transport on the 993 board just to make sure you avoid the lowlifes that the 993 owner has uncovered in moving his 993 to LA

<a href="http://tp://forums.rennlist.com/forums/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic&f=3&t=004194" target="_blank">The Plot thickens</a>
Old 07-09-2002, 12:29 AM
bykerboy
AutoX

I have another post here about selling my C2. The guy who is interested in buying it lives in Detroit.

I will take a look at the 993 post as you suggest.
Old 07-09-2002, 03:43 AM
clubted
Track Day

Hi,

I purchased an 89 Carrera from a dealer in Detroit last year and had it shipped to California. The shipper they recommended was Pilot transport (810 486 3700) and they were terrific, although pricy ($1295). Car was enclosed in their trailer, delivered perfectly, they were in touch regularly, etc. The reason I thought of them is they must have empties going back. Good luck.

Quick Reply: Auto Transport Recommedation