Sponsored by:

ABS / interlock lights w/ warning beep

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2002, 03:10 PM
Scrooge
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question ABS / interlock lights w/ warning beep

Rencently, after I drive off in my C-4, the ABS and interlock lights have been coming on along with the warning "beep." If I turn the car off, the lights stay out for a while, but seem to come back on along with the beep after I drive a bit. I have read the last thread that was posted on this subject ("Help please, warning lights coming on") and Adrian seemed to differentiate between the lights coming on alone or with the warning noise. What do these particular circumstances usually indicate?

I should also note that the car has recently come out of an approximate three month storage period during which the battery was completely disconnected. After reconnecting the battery, the car started immediately, leading me to discount the notion that these symptoms are caused by low voltage.

Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks!
Old 09-18-2002, 12:42 AM
Jeff Curtis
Race Car

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
When I first purchased my car, it did the same thing...then I changed the older battery to a new Interstate and it stopped...keep in mind I have a C2 though.

THEN, I installed an underdrive pulley on the fan, so when it starts and I just let it idle, the alarm cycles occasionally.

I attribute this to the low idle when the car starts and the fact that I'm not turning the alternator that fast at idle...especially with the underdrive pulley.

Once off idle, the alarm extinguishes. It's pretty funny when I'm giving a student/fellow instructor a ride at the track, I start up the car and go "Oh MAN...we're in trouble!" Then I drive off saying, "no big deal".

Quick Reply: ABS / interlock lights w/ warning beep